Chapter 6 : "Lily." I Whispered to Myself.

Stranger's Point Of View

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I had stood in the bidding line, only a bit taller than the rest I had noticed something strange, and couldn't release it from my mind.

That girl.

          She seemed to full of life, meat on her bones, hair slightly tangled but still shiny with luster. I didn't want her for sex or anything; it was much more than that. As a 17 year old working for a group of large older men, my co league you can call it, I was their messenger, more of a person who gathers what left, no, what it the best of what is left.

Alex, Trenton, Steve, Heffly, Marks, and so many other men where there, all I have seen on the streets had bided and I was even surprised what I won.

What a prize, a wonderful prize. It was rare to see teenage girls around less than a beautiful one, and especially one with a look of determination in her eyes, spark. I like spark.

After receiving my receipt from the Ringmaster or who I like to call Scabbard, I went to the man cave, deciding to lie to the men who have sheltered me for so long. It happened quickly, the look of suspicion crossing over their faces like wildfire. Our conversation was aggressive.

Skillet, our very manly cook had almost turned as red as a tomato.

"Got a girl? Scored for today, huh boy?"

He spit in my face and I wiped it off casually.

"Nope, but I yonder I will get one tomorrow though."

I smiled, grinning slyly. I pushed my left hand deeper into my pocket closing my fist around the receipt. A lump the size of a golf ball formed in my throat, it was rare when I lied which meant I had little practice. Skillet stared at me gravely and crossed his arms across his chest.

"So you mean, you will get one for me eh?"

I nodded, feeling foolish for acting so stupid.

"Yes." I swallowed and toke in a deep breath, his eyes narrowed.

"I want the prettiest one you get, yes I said you get. Don't get smart on me boy, I just know you will."

I swallowed again. And put my most confident mask on.

"Ha, yes. You know me pretty well."

I stammered out and slowly glanced to Rex. He stared at me with crooked eyes and a devilish smirk across his face. I felt sweat bead on my forehead. Pushing my black bangs from my face I became solid.

"Skillet, I must attend to some duties at this moment, will you excuse me sir."

I let out a breath or relief when he turned his back on me, his usual way of saying goodbye. I walked briskly away up to my room, climbing the long spiral staircase into the attic. I remember how I made a fuss about getting this room, but deep inside I had fallen in love with it. It was dark, and had a ceiling I had to bend my head under but otherwise it was home, home sweet home they used to say. I closed my eyes inhaling the dusty air, it was all too familiar here, I didn't know what would do if someone where to take this away from me. Even the guys downstairs where pains in the behinds but i still cared about them anyways. From a little window tucked in the corner, the moonlight streamed through the open window. I closed my eyes and embraced the cool air flowing through the window. My eyes snapped open.

Lily.

I thought to myself suddenly, I felt certain that this was her name, not certain more like exact. Sometimes when I stood alone, letting my mind open to anything these weird thoughts would just fly into my head. I never told the guys but I did warn them when I felt a bad vibe. I knew something good was going to happen today, and the fact that I knew I was going to score.

My limbs suddenly felt weary and I sat on my bed, pulling of my socks and shirt I plopped my head unto my pillow. "Lily." I tested with my lips liking the sound of it. I imagined wrapping my arms around her in a cool embrace and placing slow dainty kisses along her perfect cheekbone. Oh I couldn't wait to get her tomorrow. "Lily." I whispered again and slowly closed me eyes. I knew for one thing I would not hurt her, no matter what. But a small fear inhabited a small square of my mind in worry of where I was going to put her, or hide her to be exact.