Chapter 3: Confusion (Part 2)

It's been three days since her parents died, but Lily felt like it's been another year. Her heart felt numb but for some strange reason tears didn't pour like rivers like they used too. The cold wind blasted into her face sending more chills down her spine. She had to stop, she had too. Life will go on without her is she didn't try to do something with her life.

"Don't hate me!"

She said to herself.

Lily plunged her face into an old bucket filled up with snow. She hurt all inside, her breath coming out in gasping sobs. Snow clung to her skin making her even colder. She dropped to the floor and held her knees to her chest. Chicago, the windy city stood still with the smell of rust in the air. She felt an urge to run, run were the wind takes her, at school, which seemed like a dream, she was on the track team and one of the best ones too. She closed her eyes and started running. The wind flew threw her hair pushing it back with the current. She started laughing, the feeling of her heart hammering and blood pumping made her feel normal. The world was slowly fading away like a distant dream. She stopped to catch her breath. Willow trees, dozens of them lay sprawled between two dark apartment buildings their leaves cascading to the floor with mourning. She had found a personal graveyard. Tombstones were randomly thrown across the high grass with etched words long gone from being read. All it impressed on Lily was just the word Lonely.

She started exploring; it let her mind wander off to something less depressing. Who was this, what did he do? Did he have kids? Names of people she would never know. Suddenly a tombstone with a lone purple flower caught her attention. She stepped toward it and squinted at the text. It was much cleaner than the rest.

Lovely departed

Janice Rena Alice

Loving mother and Aunt

RIP

On the side of the stone was what looked like a hand held lens. She pulled out the paper that she had found on her bed from her pocket. A little scribble was in the corner, she used the lens to see, and she almost fainted.

Body under floorboards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Confusion settles in." Hello, I am so sorry for the short chapter and the confusing plot. It will get so much better in the next few chapters, I promise. Also please forgive my horrible grammar and spelling errors. Love you guys! P.S, this chapter was mostly for setting and information.