Conquests within Forfeits. The Hemerwig Series

“When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”   -Isaiah 43:2

******************************

  “It’s happening Cal!” Queen Sabrina of the Water Elementals exclaimes. I’m so glad I didn’t miss this.

   Queen Sabrina has always been a quite woman but with this, the birth of her new born, there is no way for her to not be loud. The pain is worsening based on the look on her face, and I understand why.

   Who am I? That’s not important right now. I am simply your guide into how this story really begins.

 “Nurse! Nurse!” King Kelvon of the Water Elementals exclaims while leading his wife down the hall  frantically. Yes the King has always been one to stress over loved ones.

   When his Queen fainted after he proposed marriage to her, he was distraught for hours. It was a very humorous event for a creature like myself. I’m a creature who is always watching, but never intervene.

    As the couple are led into a large birthing chamber near a small and shallow body of water, I make out the young Prince Colin who while only two years old is clutching a maid’s leg. How can this be when the King and Queen of the Water Elementals are about to have their first child? Everything will be answered in time.

    King Kelvon lowers his wife into the water and I take in their surroundings. While near the small body of water, there is a bed, table, and a few chairs for after the birth. After taking all this in, I decide to look elsewhere for entertainment.

   “Brad! Brad where in the world are you? I swear to everything hot and natural if you miss the birth of our child I will wring your neck!” Queen Lorelle of the Fire Elemetnals says. Oh this is definitely a sight.

    Queen Lorelle is the opposite of gentle Queen Sabrine in everyway. With her blonde hair sticking closely to her sweaty face I can imagine why she is in pain. Fireplaces are all around her and along with maids, she only has her two year old daughter Princess Desiree for support. Queen Lorelle is already on a bed but I can see the steam in the room.

      The chamber door opens quickly and King Braeden rushes to his wife’s side. With his dashing features and usual shirtlessness, he is often the dream of many women. However his eyes are set on only one woman at the moment.

    “I wouldn’t miss the birth of our first born! A son no doubt now just breathe Lolly,” King Braeden says while ushering for a maid to take the young Princess Desiree who is also two out of the room. Once gone, Queen Lorelle shows her true nature.

  “Where were you? I guess me giving birth was just no big deal! I’ve only been like this for a good hour and a half!” Queen Lorelle stress before letting another scream rip from her vocal cords. Fire Elementals have always had dificult births whereas the Water Elementals are more at peace with theirs.

    This is just one way these two Elementals differ. The Fire Elementals although known for their tempers and rage, are wonderful entertainers. Their physical features have always been stronger than other Elementals and their actual prescense demands more attention than any other Elemental. The Fire Elementals are feared among all other Elementals except for the Water Elementals. Why that is, no one is really sure.

   The Water Elementals are in no means unapealing creatures. Their features are just softer and purer. Not much is known about their kind because their secrets are too tightly locked. Even I have stopped trying to uncover a few. It would take away from the suspense when I veiw their kind.