thirteen

"Alena you didn't have to do that!" Christian stressed. Once I had agreed, the meeting had ended and we had left. Then Christian dragged me into his office, clearly pissed. I think that he thinks I said yes because of pressure.

Now he was pacing in front of the desk while I sat in his chair.

"Christian Bade!" I snapped. "For the millionth time I want this! Can you not do your creepy sense-my-feelings thing? I want to be Luna and I want to..." My voice trailed off, eyes darting to the dark wood.

I do want to be his mate, I honestly do, but before I agree to letting him mark me or do anything, I want to get to know this man. I know he's my mate and that should be enough, but I find it very hard to trust people.

Slowly he walked over, crouching down in front of the desk and looking me in the eye.

"I swear if you chose to become my-"

"Yours?" I smirked, reaching up and lightly slapping his cheek. "Aw, you love me." I giggled, watching his cheeks turn red.

Rolling his eyes, he walked around the desk, pulling out some papers from the desk and throwing them in front of me.

"Fine, you have to fill out this packet and you have to move into my room."

Asshole.

Yay!  Evan cheered. I could feel her tail wag happily and her tongue just hang out of her mouth dreamily.

"Whatever," I muttered, taking the paper and grabbing a pen and examining it. I basically just had to fill out my personal info, rank, family and mate.

About twenty minutes later I was done, and Christian extremely bored. He decided to make that well known too.

"You made me do it," I teased, handing him the paper.

"Good. The ceremony is in three days. Better get ready kitten," he teased, placing the paper back into the drawer.

"I think three days is enough," I stood, smirking and moving to the door. "I'm gonna go find Bella." And with that, I walked out the door and into the living room.

Bella was sitting on the couch, watching some cartoon with a kid.

"Bells," I called, leaning against the wall. She looked over, smiling vaguely but grimly.

"C'mon."

She stood, walking out of the living room and into an empty room. The walls were painted a deep red and the large windows were outlined with yellow curtains. There was an dark brown table in the corner and a painting of a valley.

"Listen, Alena. What happened last night isn't what you think happened," she started.

"It looks like you snook off to some party or something." Bella laughed, shaking her head.

"I wish, but what I'm about to tell you, you can't repeat it to anyone, not even Alpha Bade, got it?"

The look she gave me said it all. This wasn't something beyond normal teenage sneak outs and partying. This was something entirely different, and if she was telling me not to tell anybody, how bad is it going to be?

"I promise."

"Good. So, I guess I'm gonna start this off by telling you I found my mate." I smiled happily for her. "His name is Ben, and he's perfect. Except for one thing." She sighed, looking down at her fiddling fingers.  "He's a rogue and this pack hates rogues and we both know that's clear. I don't know what people would do if they ever found out, and I don't plan on them finding out."