Chapter 15: Hurry Up and Go Nowhere

[Author's Note: Hey, how's it going? That last chapter was supposed to be published on August 12th. I totally thought I posted it and went on to writing this chapter and didn't realize until the 31st, that Chapter 14 wasn't published, AND half of the written story wasn't there. So I had to go back and fix it the best I could. Still sorry about that. But! Things are happening and I think I've got an ending. But don't worry. That's going to be a little while because I've got a plan! Kind of. To those of you who are actually reading this note, thanks. Thanks for thinking of the characters and this story enough to actually read it. ENJOY! BUT WARNING, IF YOU DON'T LIKE BLOOD, YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE LAST FEW SCENES OF THE CHAPTER.]

<<<<<<<<<< Wanda's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

"Friday?" I ask to the air of my borrowed room.

"Yes, Miss Maximoff?" It replies.

"Wake up my brother and tell him he needs to get his things prepared for today and that at this time, he should still be able to take a shower." I finish my command, my brother sleeps in way too much.

"Of course Miss."

I finish packing my things when I hear a knock on the door. Without moving from my place next to the bed I flick my wrist and the door opens.

"Come in, Natasha."

"Maria asked me to check and see if it worked." Natasha informs me.

"It definitely worked."

"Details?" She questions.

"He slept in late so I don't know, FRIDAY is telling him to get up and take a shower now." I shrug. Natasha lets out a breath before laughing quietly.

"Do you think it will take long now?" She asks as she walks back towards the door.

"That depends on how much sleep he got." I shrug as I grab my bag and walk with her to the living room.

"Is it even awkward to know that your brother has feelings about your trainer and very close friend?" She asked me quietly.

"Who do you think wants to see him in a healthy relationship?" I chuckle and she just nods before smiling and walking off to Maria.

<<<<<<<<<< Maria's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

I just finished changing the assessment date when Natasha walked up to me.

"Wanda had to get Friday to wake him up and take a shower because he slept in." She says quietly, a small smirk appearing.

"Gosh. How many highly trained operatives does it take to play matchmaker?" I sigh.

"More than we originally thought. Clint told the guys last night about what was going on. Apparently the boys thought something was going on but decided to see how it was going to play out until Clint mentioned it to them. Tony and Cap talked to him last night." She tells me.

"How did that go?" I ask her.

"He seemed to be contemplating their words when I walked in. So, I'll take that as a well responded nudge in the right direction. Did you work out the details to the Assessment date change?" She asked.

"Yes. It took a little convincing, but I was able to move it up a couple of weeks. They now have a week to prepare." I tell her.

"I think they are ready. I don't think Christine is ready. But I can guarantee that the twins are. There is almost no way they can mess the assessment up. They have all worked so hard. Do you think Christine will stay this time?" Natasha asks me as Wanda walks up to us.