Chapter 2: Informing the Maximoffs

[Author's Note: Hello! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I know that you didn't get to meet Pietro or Wanda or even see them meet their new trainer but SOON. Again, I don't own anything related to Marvel. I'm just a fan who happened to fall for the characters. I do own Christine Blake. I hope this chapter meets you expectations. If you have any ideas, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I'm just the writer. This story belongs to you.]

<<<<<<<<<< Pietro's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

I'm so hungry. What time is it? It's only 10:45? Wanda surely she be done with her mid-morning peace of mind routine. I'll go find her. In less that two seconds I'm at her door, before I have the chance to knock, my younger sister opens the door using her enhancement from her place my the window. I walk in her room and before I can even ask her about food she has an answer.

"We can go get something to eat now, if you would like." Wanda says as she turns from the window and grabs what she would call a "shawl." Its more like a knitted jacket. Is that what shawl means?

"Let's go!" As soon as the words are out of my mouth I pick her up and sprint to the kitchen. I set her down and she immediately starts to fuss.

"You need to start working on your patience brother. It wouldn't have taken much longer to walk normally to this place." She says like she is annoyed but she has a smirk on her face. I don't think she means what she says.

"What is the fun is slow? Everything is better fast." I say. She simply rolls her eyes and pulls out the bread to make us toast with jam. I go to the fridge to pull out the milk and orange juice. Pouring the juice for me and the milk for Wanda.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Wanda asks me while placing the toast in front of my selected seat.

"I slept fine. This place...." I gesture to the Avenger's Building we are currently taking residence in, "It's not so bad. What about you?"

"I was kept awake by my dreams." She sighs. I look up from my meal with concern etched across my face.

"Are the getting worse?" She gives me a faint smile.

"No. But they aren't getting any better." After she says this she looks to the door behind me. I turn to follow her gaze and am greeted by the Agent. Maria Hill? That's who she is I think...

"Good morning Maximoffs." The agent greets us with a smile.

"You have news for us." Wanda doesn't ask but wills the agent to get on.

"Yes. I do actually. You two will be training together. Starting tomorrow morning." She says as she hands me a file.

"What is this?" I ask her.

"That is all the information concerning your trainer." She says simply.

I open the file and see a picture of a woman?

Name: Christine Blake

Age: 24

Nationality: English

Media Alias: None

ENHANCED

Abilities: Elemental Manipulation and Healing

Details: Can manipulate elements through temperature and force. Can heal rapidly and has the ability to mend compromised tissues in other living organisms.

"We are being trained by a woman?" I ask. Thanks to my stupidity I earn a slap on the back of my head from Wanda.

"Ask smarter questions." I hear her talking in my head. Immediately following her thought in my mind she asks Agent Hill, "Why do we need to be trained?"

"Cap thinks its wise to try and strengthen your abilities. To make sure you can use your enhancements to the highest potential." Maria replies calmly.

"And how will a trainer help us with enhancements she doesn't possess?" Wanda asks.

"She has enhancements of her own. Feel free to read the file. Not only will she help you harness everything in your abilities but she will also make sure your hand to hand combat is up to par." Maria answers.

"Romanoff or Barton can't do that?" I ask her. Opening the file once more, I have to admit that the girl is rather charming.

"Romanoff and Barton could potentially train you. But Agent Blake can tailor her training methods to suit your personal strengths and weaknesses through her understanding of how enhancements work. To put it simply, she is more qualified." Maria stated.

"I still don't see how Romanoff or Barton couldn't be-" Wanda interrupted me,

"The Captain wants her to accept a place as an Avenger." Well that explains it.

Maria seemed to not be able to disagree, Wanda has caught her thoughts.

"Your faces look similar..." I say, looking from the photo of the girl to the Agent standing in front of me.

"I would hope so. She is my cousin."

"You trust her?" I asked.

"I trust Christine with my life. Just as I trust you two, Cap and the rest of the team. She's the only family I have. Only REAL family I should say." Maria opened up and apparently spoke the truth because Wanda would have said something if she wasn't.

"Do we even have a choice?" Wanda asked. That was a really good question. Did we have a choice in what was happening around us? Why did their always have to be someone new?

"Well, of course. But I'd like to think that you would choose Christine. She has denied Rogers everytime he has asked her to join. She doesn't like have people to look out for. She doesn't want the burden of having to protect people. Tragic background and all that. I won't tell you the details because it isn't my place." Maria finished, looking directly at Wanda. I can tell Wanda didn't get the information from Maria because she understands boundaries. I don't.

"I'm sure she will tel you anything you want to know. She hates secrets. She isn't hard to work with either. But she is stubborn. I don't doubt for a minute that you all won't get along." Maria said as she turned to leave, "There is a USB in the pocket of that folder that will give you the information you will need before you meet her tomorrow. I want you to know that if you don't like her, Cap will find someone else. I don't think either of you will have a problem, but that is for you to decide." With that, she took her exit and Wanda took the file from me.

"I'm not so sure about this." Wanda tells me.

"Training shouldn't be too bad. I will be able to beat you!" I say nudging her shoulder.

"Training and competition are two different things Pietro. Besides, we both know I'm the only one who can put you in your place." She said smirking at me.

I still don't know how tomorrow will go. But how bad can it be? It's just a girl.