Chapter 10: Parties

[ Author's Note: I don't own Marvel but I do own Christine Blake. ]

<<<<<<<<<< Christine's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

Within the next few hours, Wanda and I had both found an evening dress for the event. Wanda had chosen a beautiful floor length satin gown a deep shade of red. It had a strapless 50's-esque bust and a high waist line that stopped the dress from fitting tightly across the bodice and flowed into a ball gown skirt. Over the satin beneath the waistline was a layer of tulle that had glitter and jewels displayed across the entire bottom. From the left side of the waistline to the right side where the fabric ended, the jewels curled to the top. It was almost like looking at a reddened galaxy. It made her appearance all the more stunning. If this dress didn't get the Vision's attention, nothing would.

Towards the end of our venture to find myself a dress, I started losing hope. I've always hated shopping and the worst feeling is the doubt that fills your chest when all hope is lost. I think any girl should know that I'm not being dramatic. That feeling sucks. But before I could let out another exasperated sigh, Mars caught my attention when she held up that dress. "THAT" dress, I tried on. And when I did, I didn't care what anyone else said because I had found it. This dress was a royal blue evening gown that had capped sleeves and a low sweetheart neckline. It also had a low back that didn't end until the natural waistline where the silk fabric was formfitting until that point and then had more fabric from there to the bottom, giving the dress a little more flow until it hit the floor and gave the effect of a small train. I had fallen in love with it. Once we had found both dresses, we paid for them and instead of taking them with us, we had them sent straight to the tower with a note. The note basically said who they belonged to and what they were for.

Wanda called Pietro and told him to meet us by the car. When we had finally made it there, he looked like he had been waiting there since the phone call ten minutes ago.

"Where are the dresses?" He asked confused.

"We had them sent to the tower. No one needs to see them until we make our grand entrance." Maria told him.

"Did you pick anywhere for us to eat?" Natasha asked.

"I don't know anywhere to eat around here." He answered.

"Well, what about our usual place Mars?" I ask.

"I'm fine with that, Nat are you okay with the Cafe?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, haven't been there in a while." Natasha shrugged.

"What is the Cafe?" Pietro asked.

"It's a little restaurant near my flat. Mars and I used to go every morning before I came to HQ." I tell him as we all pile in the car.

"Didn't you have a list of things you needed to get from your place?" Maria asked me, while backing up.

"That's right? Would any of you mind if we stop there and pick my things up before we head back after lunch?" I ask the group. I am answered with a chorus of positive answers and our little gang starts making small talk until we get to "the usual place."

When we arrive, we are all talking and laughing as we walk up to the door. Before we get there, Pietro picks up his pace to hold the door for us.

"Good Afternoon ladies and gentleman, is it just the five?" Maggie calls as she walks from behind the counter.

"Yes it is. Thanks Maggie." Maria calls from the front of our little line at the entrance. I was about to reply to Wanda in our conversation when I heard Maggie's name.