His Number: Chapter 1

Riley's POV:

"Get the fuck out of my house right now if you refuse to pick a dam side!" my dad shouted at me.

"Robert!" shouted my mom.

My dad turned his body to face my mom. "You get the fuck out my face to!" he shouted at her. This is always happening. They get into a fight, drag me into it by choosing a side for no reason. I never choose a side, he screams and screams then kicks me out for the day.

As soon as my dad shouted at my mom to get out his face she quickly ran up the stairs into her room. That means it was my time to leave the house before I get screamed at to leave. I was in my gray sweats and red sweater. I grabbed my shoes from beside the front door floor and walked out the house. I sat on the porch step in front of my house as I put on my shoes.

I got up and started walking to the park to hide in my tree and isolate myself from the rest of the world and let my emotions out as I cry. I love my dad with my entire heart but sometimes work stress pushes down on him and he takes out on the family.

I got to the park and gazed at the sky as I notice the sun is slowly starting to set. I walk onto the field of grass until I reach the end of it and quickly make a right behind the storage room. There was a little trail that lead to my tree. My tree was in the park and anyone could find it but it was not a walk most people would do for just a tree.

I was happy seeing my tree as I began to climb up it until I placed myself in between the branches into my usual spot.

I knew Kirston was busy. It was Friday night why wouldn't she be busy. I pulled my phone out of my sweater pocket as I begin to cry knowing my best friend can not comfort me right now. Considering she is the only one out my friends that knows everything. Hench why she is my bestfriend.

The tears in my eyes started to blur vision as I typed in her number that I had memorized by heart. The phone was ringing, and with every ring my heart was anticipating my best friends voice for the comfort that I needed.

After the third ring she picked up.

"Kirston." I cried into the phone.

"Hello?" responded a deep male voice. Not Kirstons voice at all.

I quickly try to hold back my sobs as if I was not crying, "Sorry, I dialed the wrong number." I told him.

"What's wrong?" the boy asked, and as fast as he asked was as fast as I hung up the phone.

Not even a minute has passed by and I felt my phone vibrating in my hand. Quickly glancing at my phone hoping Kirston has called me, but to my luck it was the number I called by mistake. They were calling back.

"Hello?" I answered the call.

"Are you okay?" the guy asked not even saying hello.

I stayed silent. I did not know what to tell a stranger.

"Could you please explain to me what's wrong?" the guy still talking even though he lacked a reply from his last question. Why is concerned? I don't even know who he is.

"I was just trying to call my best friend." I told him truthfully not understanding why.

"Well that does not explain why you were crying." he stated clearly wanting to know why I was crying.

I am sitting on top of a tree in a park crying on a Friday night and my best friend is busy so I have no one but myself. The more I thought about the situation the more comforting it seemed to explain to this guy what was wrong.