(9) Only in a Lifetime

Chapter 9

Charles’s POV

‘Please tell Callie, Geoffrey,’ I begged for the third morning straight. Geoffrey pushed me away from his bed which I was kneeling at the side of, in the centre of both our beds.

‘I’ve told you no. I would tell her but I can’t date a eighteen year old, Charles,’ Geoffrey responded again, for the third morning straight...

‘There is only a two year difference,’ I argued. Geoffrey just shut his eyes and rolled over before trying to sleep again.

‘Guys’, I’m going out with a few of my friends. Geoffrey, can you hang my uniform out? I know Charles can’t handle anything too technical,’ Callie teased. I flipped her of as I gave her a sarcastic grin. ‘Love you Charles,’ Callie called jokily as she left the bedroom.

‘If only she loved you,’ I mocked as I pushed my face next to Geoffrey’s. Geoffrey’s ash brown hair rubbed on my face. ‘Anyway, you need a haircut, and so do I,’ I decided as I pulled Geoffrey’s cover off him.

‘Charles let me sleep, go to the beach or something,’ Geoffrey resisted.

‘But you need a haircut. Your hair will get too long and then you won’t look smart when we go home and mother will make you just shave your hair,’ I moaned. ‘Please Geoffrey, I want to do something fun, to take my mind off things.’ Geoffrey sighed but sat up.

‘How long is it going to take you before you start acting like a normal human being again?’ Geoffrey questioned as he pulled his legs from his bed cover. ‘I mean it has been ten days and you are still a mess.’

‘What do you expect to happen, Geoff? I loved Jesse and he cheated on me,’ I fought. ‘That wasn’t even the worse part, he got some girl pregnant Geoffrey.’

‘I know that, and I would kill him if I could. You don’t know how much it hurts me to see you like this? I mean you’re my best friend and you have been for the past seventeen years,’ Geoffrey lectured. ‘Plus you get really soppy when you’re upset,’ Geoffrey added.

‘You had to go and ruin the moment right there didn’t you?’ Geoffrey answered with a smirk as he stood up from his bed.

‘I’m going to shower. We’ll go to the beach after, and eat lots of ice-cream,’ Geoffrey promised. I smiled at him as he left our shared room.

                I made two slices of toast and put them on separate plates before putting strawberry jam on them both. Geoffrey walked into the kitchen as I handed him the plate and a glass of orange juice. ‘Why have you made me food? That’s my job for you,’ Geoffrey began as he sat down with the plate.

‘I decided to do something nice for a change, anyway let’s go surfing after we’ve eaten. Then we can buy frozen yogurt!’ I exclaimed as I took a bite of toast.

 Geoffrey looked at me with a smirk then rolled his eyes jokily, ‘if it wasn’t for the fact I work for you, I wouldn’t be able to tell you were a prince.’

‘That’s only until I have a bitch fit and start making demands for things you wouldn’t be able to give me in a lifetime,’ I laughed in response. Geoffrey smirked again before taking a bite of toast. ‘So do you know how to surf?’

Geoffrey shook his head. ‘I tried once with some of my brothers’,’ Geoffrey told me.

‘Well this is going to be fun for both of us,’ I lied as I took a large drink of orange juice. ‘I’m going to go get my swimming stuff,’ I announced as I ate my last bit of toast before rushing out of the kitchen leaving Geoffrey to the comfort of himself.