Chapter 6: The Behemothic Tree

"Fionna, can you promise me something?"

     Like the dead brought back from the grave, I was brought back to my senses. What was up with that? We totally shared an ideal kiss, I'm sure of it. The 'breathtaking' kiss everyone dreams of and wishes for-- to be smooched by a real prince, and not to mention at the beautiful sunset by the sea side, if it doesn't give a cliché impression enough. But somehow I felt nothing. Well, not technically nothing-- I did feel the soft lips of PG if that adds anything at all. 

  But there was no electricity like the ones being described and exaggeratedly detailed in the corny romance movies, No rapid beating of the heart multiplied by a hundred billionthousand beats (but it was still throbbing), No smile that will light up by itself and also having an instant feeling of contentment. No butterflies in your stomach that would feel like bursting open and could explode (okay, that sounded wrong.) It was only a sweet brush over the lips-- the lips that tasted a luscious sugary fairy floss.

   "Yeah?" I emotionlessly let out. I don't want to think this way. C'mon Fionna, t's Prince Gumball. The one you've liked from the bottom of your heart since you were--- born. The one that captivated you from his personality to facial features. The one you've secretly admired and engrossed to with Marshall every single minute even when you were just thirteen. The one that gets you weak in the knees just when he smiles at you-- even if it wasn't at you. The one that.... that... l-loves you. 

 "I-I mean, Yeah!" I quickly changed into a squeaky positive response. PG look taken aback. I look weird now, don't I? Sigh, do I even need to ask?

  "Fionna, can you keep this place a secret?" PG exhaled quite breath-taken as he tried to lean in. Oh, mister. You've already gotten two kisses today that made my face burn faster than a furnace heated by the sun. I think you've got enough. I stepped back.

  "Sure, PG. You can trust me." I smiled a wry smile. 

  "No, I'm serious. No one must ever know of this place. Ever." He almost glared at me as he made clear of the last word. Woah. Did he always have this side of him since? Now that I think about it, I never saw him extremely mad before. Anger issues? 

  I placed my hands in the air in surrender and tension with my eyes showing oblivious fear.PG sighed. I slowly relaxed. 

  "Sorry... It's just that its very special to me. That's why I showed it to you, because you're special to me too." He smiled. He's so darn cheesy. Cheese overload times quadrillion. I tried to respond by smiling back--- but it made me look like I'm faking it.

  "Right. I'll keep it a secret until dragon-breeded, ice-breathing pigs fly with wings of rainbows and swords. Promise." I smiled, crossing my heart. He smiled me a reassured one.

  "Thanks Fionna, You're the best." He leant in again, attempting in for a kiss. By attempting, I mean I stopped him by pinching his cheeks. 

  "Woah, Wait a minute, didn't we already kiss?" I tried to smile, pretending I was okay with this.

  "Yeah, but can we please do it one more time?" He pleaded with a forced pouty face. Man, this was kinda tiring.

  "PG, I--" With that, his cellphone rang. Thank the heavenly Glob. I didn't want to handle this. 

  "Fionna, I'm gonna answer this. Stay here." I nodded as he went away, holding his phone against his ear and semi-yelling. I looked at the spine-tingling view again in which never failed to make me in awe. It was so beautiful, I could almost cry. A dream come true. I leaned on a nearby trunk of a tree and my eyes slowly dropped. It was getting kinda late, I should tell PG we should go now. But resting here with the peaceful atmosphere could also sound ... tempting. 

-------

   "Fionna... Fionna!" I opened my eyes to meet brown ones. It was PG. "Sorry for waking you, but I have to go... I'm sorry. This is pretty urgent and important and it's not held in the candy kingdom.. I apologize from my heart." He looked so sincere saying these things, who could hold a grudge against it?

  "Oh, It's fine. It's almost night time anyway, I should be going." I responded.

  "Really? I'm so sorry. I'll send in someone to fetch you here---" 

  "Oh no can do! Right? No one must know of this place. I promised. I'll just go back home by myself." I smiled. He smiled back.

  "You sure you'll be alright?"

  "I'm fine! This is the girl that defeated the ice-queen! What monster could be scarier than that?" I grinned, pointing at myself. He laughed.

  "You're right. Take care." He kissed me on my forehead and left. Sigh. I never knew kissing could be done so easily. I thought you had to do something worth for it before you got it or maybe at least build up the atmosphere or what not. Now it's just like an everyday thing. It's.... kinda gross.

  I followed back my footsteps leading to the pathway. Wasn't there something or a mark remembering how you got to it? 

Wham.

   I went face-to-face to a huge tree. Right. It was the stupendous tree. This stupendous tree.

       I climbed over its enormous roots and fell down. Instead of getting mad, I laughed as I rubbed my butt. This was fun! It's just like my childhood days when me and Cake would go on adventures. Good memories. Wait, didn't PG say that he was gonna cut this tree down? It's such a massive waste. It looks like it's enough to form a tree maze. Enough to go on and play in. Enough to bring you back to your youth. ....Dang, I'm talking like an old woman. Stop it, Fionna!

     As I was going down on the last root, I couldn't help but carress its old barks. Yeah, It is enough for an amusing playground. Maybe climbing in it wouldn't be such a bad idea?

  Before I knew it, I was already half way to the top of the tree. Hanging onto huge old barks which decides whether if it's strong enough and I live or if it's gonna break and well, something bad happens. Man, if you could only see the superb persepective of being in a height and seeing the sea here. It's greater and it's more detailed. You feel alive, like you're not just reading the story book.

You're in it. 

     I finally got to the top, but it's already midnight. Cake's totally gonna kill me. She's gonna go all ape-shit when she finds out I was climbing this towering tree that might get me an unfortunate death. Well, since I'm already at the peak, there are already less chances of that. I wandered and grabbed all vines. It feels like I'm in a mini jungle and I could scream Tarzan. 

Oh My God.

I saw the most awesome spectacle ever.

   "Wow..." I said, breath-less.

   "Who are you?" A monotone voice echoed. I jumped. What the Glob? I wasn't alone? My hand slowly crept towards my sword that clinged on my belt. Then, judging by the voice, the guy repeated his question. I heard small footsteps coming nearer. 

  "Stop where you are!!" I yelled, pulling out my sword and turning towards the intruder. As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw someone raising their hands up.

"Fionna?" The shaken guy asked in disbelief. 

  "Marshall?"

 ##############################################

A.N. I think this chapter has more words. I loved writing this chapter, Idk why. LOL XD Anyways, I lost motivitation in writing the Cotton Candy blah blah PG kiss thing. SO HERE IT IS. MARSHALL IS HERE. MY PROMISE BEHOLD. But he did say like only 2 lines.... HAHAHAHA wtver.

 I looooooove youuuu guuuuyyyyssss!!!! 

Comment. Vote. :DDD Well, If you want to, I don't want to be a start of peer-pressure. D:

-----TAFFY. TIFFY. TOFFY.