Chapter 2: Let's Waltz

"Come, don't mind that rude being, let's waltz." PG smiled as he sounded almost excited as he grabbed my hand and serenaded me on the dance floor. I blushed as he only looked at my eyes and kept on complimenting me. Was this reaction natural if you were to be praised? It felt incredibly good. 

"Fionna.." He again called my name softly. "I've been meaning to tell you this since, well, a month ago...' he smiled. "I just couldn't get a perfect moment for the two of us, you know" he continued as he started to dance with in circles. He looked away as he gently tightened his grip on my waist. I could see he was determined to say something but he was hesitating. In the middle of his dramatic pause, I destroyed it.

"PG?" I asked, calling his attention towards me again. "So, You were saying?"

"Fionna, Will you be my girlfriend?"  He knelt down, causing a scene, as he caressed my hand.

I stood there, helpless and frozen in great shock as the words he just proposed right now weren't matching AT ALL in my mind. After a few quiet moments, I looked around the ballroom to see the audience's reaction which I thought might've help me loosen up a bit, but I wrongly underestimated it. I saw LSP chanting his oh so famous 'oh my glob' and the rest in awe, until I saw someone walk in.

It was Marshall.

I saw him dead frozen like I was too, which I guess he also heard the wild proposal. His face was messed up. I couldn't describe his face. It was anger mixed with... joy? Woah, I kind of feel him right now. Now his face darkened a bit, I should check on him and see if--

"Fionna?" the voice took me at shock as I saw the kneeling PG that was left unanswered on the dance floor, well, my thoughts left him. Huh, wonder why Marshall's reaction was bugging me.

"D-Dude, I... err" I stuttered, I sound weird now. "Uhhm.." I gulped, trying not to have any eye contact.

As he was waiting for my life changing answer to his impossible question, the footsteps coming near us was getting louder, effect of the unbearable silence. It was Marshall coming to this spot right now. I swear, he looked like he was going to kill a bear with his bare hands. He had eyes like serial killers coming to their trembling victims in the horror movies me and Marshall watch. Then out of nowhere, his face changed. It was way lighter now, and he was smiling. It must be his sign for me to positively answer the dude. Ugh, Men and their impossible endless riddles. If that's what he wants then...

"Okay!" I closed shut my eyes and harshly squeaked, pausing the walking Marshall and giving away a huge smile on PG's face. I bit my tongue in my forced smile. "Y-You got yourself a ... girlfriend." I blushed, looking away as I rapidly shook his hand, not wanting an awkward stare from him.

"Really? Wow, thanks Fionna" He embraced me as the audience's leaped in joy. I hugged him back as I muttered an unsure laugh.

I didn't notice it but Marshall was already at our side.

"Congrats, you two ding dongs finally made up. Imma be going now" Marshall confidently smirked as he left the building carrying his bass with him.

_____________________

The day slowly passed by and I went to my irresistable, cozy bed. I lazily laid down and curled up, hugging my soft pillow.

"Soooo? How was the ball?" Cake asked me while she was sitting at the edge of my bed, insisting me to tell stories.

"It was great... I guess." I sighed.

"I guess??" Cake had her eyes wide. "What happened, Sweety pie?" 

"Well..."

_________________________________________________________________

*Marshall POV*

Damn it. Damn it all. I knew this was coming but It came sooner than I thought. I should have told her my feelings before that wad did. No. Even if I did I had no hope at all. She just pegs me as her best friend. Only a best friend. Nothing but someone to take adventures with. Just wishing she had at least a bit of feelings for me... nah, I made everything into a joke. Flirty pick up lines? What was I thinking!? I should just support her like I usually do. A best friend shouldn't cross the line. 

I popped on the bed, my thoughts killing me. Get a hold of yourself man! You're the VAMPIRE KING. The real deal. Evil, treacherous, and cool. You weren't like this before you met her. Now you're all soft!

"What happened to me.." My eyebrows narrowed as I strung a chord on my bass that was lying with on my bed.

As I was having a dive in my almost never ending sea of thoughts, A knock on the door got me up out of the bed. 

A part of me hoping the one behind this door was ... someone to... well, hoping it was Fee. Damnit, I sound like an obsessed geek. This isn't really good for my image. I should totally stop this.

I opened the door, with great surprise, I smirked quite satisfied. It was my dream.

 A.N.#####

OH MY GLOB. LOL. the picture here has nothing to do with this chapter at all :3 I just thought it was sooooo hot and sexy and perfect and epic cosplay and nice and fantastic and hot... wait whut?

XDDD AHHHH Yesss I'm so hyperrrrrrrr

....

---Tiffany~