Chapter 3: Best Man

Several years passed after that very special day at the ball. Now that I'm 18, A lot of things had horrendously changed. Before I knew it, I was already engaged to Prince Gumball. Before I knew it, my best friend, Marshall Lee had gone missing.

Maybe it wasn't that dreadful. Cake was all very happy with how things were going, She even insisted that she would handle the wedding! Things were going too fast, I don't even know if I wanna be imprisoned all my life? I guess stuff like this weren't really my type. It's not like I don't want to live happily ever after with PG, it's just that... well.. Argh!

I threw my hands in the air, annoyed by my thinking. Marshall would know what to say about this. He'd always boss me around and even though it irritates me, I know he was just saying the correct things to do. That blood sucker... I kind of miss him. Why did he leave anyway? He didn't even say a stupid good bye... I mean, It's not like he died or something. 

....

Right?

"Fionna!" PG's voice awakened me from my own imaginative horror, I turned my back towards him. "Hey, let's go on a date!" he smiled.

"Date?" I tripped, blushing a bit. Sometimes, I just want to live under a rock and hide myself."Wh-What?" I sounded clumsy.

"Of course I'd want to have some fun time with my lovely bride-to-be, meet me in the kingdom's garden square where I proposed to you." He happily walked away to the castle with out waiting for my answer. I released a short sigh, loosening myself from being stiff. 

"Well alright..." I murmured to myself. I decided to just stroll around the candy kingdom while I was at it. Since Cake abruptly volunteered to make my wedding a perfect one, she was always too busy for me nowadays. Speaking about Cake, She's the reason why I'm wearing an itchy white Sunday dress with pinchy problematic doll shoes right now. Scolding me that a princess should start to practice wearing an elegant attire and trust me, I did whatever I could to persuade her appalling ideas.

As I was randomly indulged in my thoughts and subconsciously playing the 'kick the rock on the ground until you get lost' game, I saw a classy, black, long limousine parked at the farthest edge of a water fountain. It seems like I found myself already at the Kingdom's garden square. But what was with the black limo? 

Maybe Gumball invited a prince of some sort? I don't see PG anywhere though... Oh no, the door of the car's opening!

I reflexively hid near the bushes, peaking at who was going to come out. To my surprise, two huge bald headed buff guys in black tux went out. Woah, were they body guards or something? This must be one special royal.

Instantly, a huge crowd of females surrounded the lengthy glossy car, worst of all, they were all screaming! It was scarier than seeing old men dancing nude!... Okay maybe old men dancing nude is scarier though.

Curiosity got me wrapped as I slowly tip toed towards the huge crowd. I wanted to see this fancy person. 

My ears were already killing me, they were all shouting like crazy fireworks. This just made me more interested, I had to see this! You'll never know if the person inside this car is an awesome foreign sword fighter! I grinned, my imagination having the better of me. While I was brutally being squished and stepped on the foot in the group of loud people, I saw one carrying a gigantic banner. It had hearts drawn all over it and really messy hand writing. I narrowed my eyes in confusion, that woman must also be engaged to the person within this car?

After a while, I heard a faint sound. It was so familiar; I think I already heard that voice somewhere...

"KYAAAAAAAAA" the group of females that I was stuck in screamed wild. Guessing that's because someone has already gotten out of the car, my attention directed to the car door. Cursing that I wore a dress in this heat while I tip toed to see clearly, I saw some blac--

"MARSHALL LEEEEEEE~~~!!!"

. . .

Wait... Wh-what!?

"Marshall Lee!!!! We love youuuuu!!!"

No way... Maybe it's just a common name--

"Oh My Glob!!! He's coming here!!!! Marshall Leeeee~!!!" I heard another piercing fan girl scream. Ha.. Ha..! I-I'll prove that he isn't the Marshall--

"Fionna?" I heard a low voice behind my back. I shuddered. There's no mistake... It is his voice. I turned around, my eyes squeezed shut.

I heard the same monotone, greatly irritating laugh. I slowly opened my eyes, looked from toe to head. He had those cool hipster shoes, rugged dark jeans; He was wearing an open polo, buttons half placed. He had a contrasting shirt which looked appealing and bright. He was wearing shades, which was placed on his hair, of pitch black and his hands were in his pockets. His bare eyes looking through me. 

It really is Marshall. 

I looked at him with my mouth half open. My face was blank. 

"It is you!" He half smiled. My eyes widened. What is this? This kind of... sorcery!? He was already in front of me. The screams were slowly decreasing, or was it that my mind was tricking me? 

"Y-yeah..... weird." I mildly responded, only looking at his eyes. 

Out of nowhere, He banged his forehead with mine, It hurt like bloody murder!

"Ow!!" I tried to soothe my forehead with my hands as I gently rubbed it. "What was that for!?"

"You were in a daze!" he got mad. "I just woke you up, guess you owe me one" He flirtatiously winked. I narrowed my eyebrows, anger rushing through me making me say unnecessary stuff.

"Why.. you..!" I grabbed his shirt, now the distance between us is closer. "You've been missing for ages then you suddenly come back and act like this!! Why'd you have to come back anyways!?!" I could see in his eyes he was surprised of my sudden actions. Then he smirked and chuckled. It puzzled me as I took a step back and he caressed my hands that are grabbing his inner shirt.

"You tell me" He almost glared at me. "Heard you and royal pink were getting married, Fionna...I..." he gently looked at me, eyes melting me.

"He's our best man, Fionna." I heard a voice in the crowd. It was PG. "I invited him."

A.N######

Ugh. Spent my whole day writing this one >w< It's fun though~ weeee new chapter :D Happy reaaaading ;D