CHAPTER 2

Days passed until I've finally got her name. She's Aalijah Woodhunt. And so my possessiveness for her drew larger and larger that I often stare and observe her, founding out that something's different in her.

Whenever I see her, she's just there, in that particular corner of the room; sitting quietly, looking through that glass window pane, staring miles and miles away. A distance I don't think I can reach. And every time I look at her, straight within her eyes, behind those beautifully-crafted-like eyes; I see aches, burdens and sadness, like there has been a boundless emptiness inside her .

She doesn't mingle to any other girls in school, almost to everyone. She doesn't even talk any single word. Thus, most of the class makes fun of her. One instance is when she arrived in school and walked her way to her seat, Dwain Davies; one of the campus' good-for-nothing bully, tripped her. Aalijah lost her balance and accidentally set her dirty shoes off Caithlyn Smith's brand new shoes, the class's spoiled brat heiress, who's just sitting not so far from Dwain. With anger and disgust, Caithlyn pulled Aalijah's hair, smacked her right through her face, then forcely pushed her to the steel chairs and got humiliated by Caithlyn's sharp-edged tongue.

The whole class burst into a sudden laugh. Felt so much embarrassed, Aalijah ran out through the door-- crying.

Guilt throbbed my conscience that time. I can't do something whenever the whole class hit her, tease her, and humiliate her. All I can do is watch.

After that awful sight, all I did was to follow her, hurriedly from the corridor, down to the stairs. She just kept herself running until we both brought ourselves into a lake, meters away from the school.

I hid myself through the woods and saw her sat in one of the bench near the lake. There, she sobbed and cried.

I can't help myself but to pity her. As I watched her continuous cry, sobs and sniffs, all I wanted is to approach her, gather my arms around her, and lend her my shoulder where she can cry on; to comfort her, to sympathize with her. I would if I could. If only I could...

★★★

Kiefer's Note :

Oh my :D I'm so ecstatic today that I got too excited to upload Chapter 2 . haha . iF you are reading this .. THANK YOU :D Watch out for the upcoming chapters . Xiao !