Chapter 8: Jay

Malia's P.O.V.

I was walking to the bleachers where the tourney field was at. I decided to get a break from doing homework because it was so much work. .

I had Chemistry, Art, and who knows what else.

Anyway, as I was walking, I saw Jay sitting on the bleachers. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked up the steps towards him.

"Hey." I said, making him turn to me.

"Hey, Malia." he said.

"Mind if I sit with you?" I asked.

"You don't need to ask " he said.

I smiled and walked over to him before I sat down next to him.

"I feel like I'm not doing anything right." I said.

Jay looked at me. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"I mean, I don't want to fail my mom. I just want her to be proud of me. We gets so angry with me when I disappoint her." I said.

"But, I know that she loves me. In her own way." I said as I looked down.

"Malia, we're gonna make it." he said as he took my hand in his. I smiled as did he.

Jay: Living in my own world. Didn't understand that anything can happen. When you take a chance.

Me: I never believed in what I couldn't see. I never opened my heart. To all the possibilities.

Both of Us: I know

Me: That something has changed.

Both of Us: Never felt this way.

We gazed into each other's eyes as we were smiling. I then started to lean in as did he.

We were so close, our lips centimeters apart, but I stopped and leaned back.

"What's wrong?" Jay asked.

"Maybe we should go to Mal and Evie's dorm. Mal probably needs help." I said as I stood up and grabbed my jacket.

Is it just me, or did Jay and I almost....well, k...ki...ah, frag, you all know what I want to say but just can't.

"Okay. Oh, and by the way, look." he said as he held up a blue jersey printed with yellow words on it. I gasped.

"You made it into the team?" I asked.

"Yeah." Jay said.

"That's great. I'm happy for you." I said as I hugged him. He laughed and hugged me back, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I have to admit, it's really nice here." he said. "We still have to get the wand though." I said.

"And plus, I just want to get rid of Audrey."

"What has she done?" Jay asked.

"What do you think? She keeps teasing me and stuff." I said.

"Don't worry, Malia. Once we get that wand, you won't have to see Audrey's face anymore." he said as he placed a hand on my cheek.

I smiled as I grabbed his wrist, leaning into his touch.

"Let's go." he said as he grabbed my hand.

I nodded and followed him as we went down the steps of the bleachers before we ended up on the ground.

We ran and ran, hand-in-hand, ignoring the stares of random people as we ran.

I believed that my feelings for Jay were growing stronger the more we were in Auradon.