A brother's love

Shadow's POV

I showed the new girl around campus while Name went out on her date with Soul. "And this is my locker, I continued. If you need anything just stop by and ask." Drew nodded and hugged me, "Thank you big brother." I smiled, "I've been meaning to ask you. Why are you here?" Drew pulled away and smiled proudly. "I ran away."

"You what!?" I couldn't believe it, my little sister ran away just like I had years ago. "I ran away, Drew said again. I promised you." So that was it, I thought. I had made Drew promise that if our mother tried to run another experiment then Drew would refuse. I couldn't let her do to Drew what she had done to me. Splitting me in half with a shockwave to make the ultimate weapon, idiotic. And now she was going to try it on Drew? I wasn't going to let that happen. "Drew do you have a place to stay? I asked. Because you're moving in with me." Drew's eye lit up, her mouth spread into a wide smile.

I lead my sister to my apartment, I had already hugged her almost a dozen times already but I saw the need to give her another one. I just couldn't believe my sister was ok, I had beaten myself up almost every day about leaving her. Our father hadn't been much help, after I was split he hadn't let me see or talk to her. I could only assume that our parents raised her as a living weapon like I had been. Drew sat down on the couch, eating some of my homemade cookies. I prepared the spare room for her to stay in, using purple, Drew's favorite color.

The phone rang and Drew answered it, a second later she hurried into the room. "Um Shadow? She said. There's a girl on the phone that says someone named Kid was just sent to the hospital." What!? I cried, snatching the phone from my sister. "Hello?" "S-shadow, Liz sniffled. Kid tried to kill himself-" I dropped the phone and looked at my sister. "Drew tell Liz to calm down and that Name and I will be there under the hour." Drew nodded and I sprinted out the door.

*time skip*

Drew and I were making lunch, I was packing some extra for Liz and Patty while they were staying at the hospital. Seeing as how bad hospital food was. That's when Name entered my mind, she's probably still worried about Kid. I dialed her number on my cellphone, funny, I never thought Name and I would ever be away from each other long enough to have to use phones.

Hey Name, how are you handling?

Oh, hey Shadow. Name's voice was clear, she had been crying or was at lease near tears.

How's Kid?

He's- I have no idea if he'll be ok, or even wake up. Shadow help me, I don't understand why I'm hurting when Kid's the one in the hospital. I organized his entire room, I was nice! I don't do that! And the fact that someone hurt him like this makes my blood boil.

"Name, calm down." I couldn't help but chuckle at Name, whether or not she liked it. She was a very kind and loving, hardened by the world she grew up in. She was pretty closed off to anyone but me, well, me and like two other people. "Name listen, I know this is a bad time but my sister is moving in with us." I could almost feel Name nod through the phone, then realize I couldn't see her. "Ok, She responded. I'm fine with that I guess." "I'll talk to you later ok?" I asked.

Ok

And Name, Kid with be fine. Everything will be ok.

I heard Name  let out a shaky sigh on the other line, "ok. Thank you Shadow. Tell your sister I say hello."