Symmetry

Reader's POV

Shadow and I walked down the hall of the DWMA. Shadow put his hand on my shoulder, signaling me to stop walking. Someone grabbed my gloved hands and held them up slightly only bending my elbows. "Your perfectly symmetrical!" A voice cried. "Um, thank you? I said hesitantly, Shadow do you know who this is?" It didn't sound like professor Stein, Tsubaki, or that Blackstar guy.

"Kid! someone said, Leave the poor girl alone!" I frowned at the "poor girl" part. Sorry, the second voice said, I could tell the girl was flustered. "Oh, I'm Kid, the first voice said, Death the Kid." And I'm Liz, the girl said. And I'm Patty! a third voice said. Hi Liz, Shadow said putting his hand on my left shoulder, Patty. He put his other hand on my right shoulder.

You're so symmetrical, Kid continued. I smiled politely, I think you have good symmetry too. Really!? Kid asked he sounded flattered. I nodded. "You two must be sisters huh? Shadow asked, I mean Liz you are taller than Patty but you still look a lot alike."

Yep! Patty cried, big sis is way tall! Like a giraffe! Shadow chuckled, I was starting to get uncomfortable. Between the feeling of Kid staring at me and holding my hands I was ready to leave. "Well me and Shadow should get going, I said pulling my hands from Kid's grip and putting them in my pockets. Oh, Kid muttered sounding disappointed. "It was nice meeting you, I said. Liz, Patty. I nodded in their direction in turn. Son of Death." Shadow and I turned and walked down the hall and out of the building. I could have sworn I heard Kid mutter "Perfect" as I turned around.

*le time skip to next week*

Me and Shadow walked into, was it professor Sid's classroom? I hadn't memorized the layout yet, thank death I had Shadow's help. "Dang it, Shadow muttered.

What is it?

I left my books in the other class

you mean the one on the other side of the building?

yes, listen I'll be right back ok? Just stay here

But-, I heard Shadow rush out the door. Great. I stood there feeling like an idiot as students filed in. Name, Stein said, so it was his classroom. Please take your seat. Yes sir, I turned to where I heard students talking and writing. I cocked my head back to Stein's desk where he was tapping in a pattern. Third row up, fifth seat in. I smiled, Yes Professor Stein.

I walked to the steps, shuffling my feet a little so I wouldn't trip. I started climbing the steps, scraping my shoes on the edge of each step. It took a minute but I sat down in my seat just as Shadow hurried into the room. He paused and looked around, confused. Everyone take your seats, Stein said. Shadow spotted me and hurried up to me. "how did you get up here?" He asked. I smiled, Stein knows Morse Code. Oh, and he figured out my secret. Somehow.

After class me and Shadow were heading out when a girl's voice called after us. "Hey Name!" Shadow and I turned, "How come I never see you taking notes?" I shrugged, I have an eidetic memory so there is no need. "I'm Maka, the girl said a little annoyed. "Name, I said getting board with the conversation. And this is Shadow." My partner must have sensed my discomfort because he quickly came to my rescue. "well we'd love to stay and chat but we need to get going."