Chapter Fifteen : Connect

Shawn Kents

"Shawn, I'm getting you some more clothes from your house, you want anything specific?" Kayla asked me peeking her head around the door.

   "Can you get my respect for my mother ? That'd be great." I scoffed,  scrolling through my phone as I rolled my eyes. My mother had lost all my respect at this point. I had refused to return home until she got rid of David which I know she won't since she's to scared to be alone.

    "Ughh, grow up Shawn. Bye." Kayla groaned,  leaving the door cracked just a bit. I knew she was probably tired of me by now. I know I would be. Bring around people for long periods of time irritates me. But I'm fine with it if it's Kayla.

I put my phone on the bed and sighed, playing with the necklace Damon gave me. I feel terrible knowing how he really felt about me. He gave me all the attention in the world. Showed his affection every chance he could and I just let him go. Whoever he loves next will be so fucking lucky and special. I just hope I'm not missing out.

"Shawn, somebody here for you!" I heard Kayla yell from down stairs interrupting my thoughts.

I ran my fingers through my hair, groaning as I got up from Kayla's bed. An image of Damon popped up in my head. I secretly hoped my suspicion was right since I was just thinking about a few seconds ago.

I walked down the steps, noticing Kayla smirking at the bottom of the steps with her arms crossed. "The fuck are you smiling for?" I said with a turned up lip and furrowed brows as I slowly descended the wooden staircase.

"Bitch look." She said darting her eyes towards the door.

      My mouth gasped in shock at who I was seeing.

I looked over to see a smiling Travis standing at the door in black sweatpants and a black v neck Tee. I didn't mean to but I peeped Travis' dick print. Random I know but to put it short, it stood out.

"Why you just standing there?" He asked slyly  smirking, "Give me a hug or something."

I tucked my necklace in my shirt and ran down the steps. I wrapped my arms around Travis' neck tightly as his arms squeezed my waist.

"I missed you Shawn." He said, his words somewhat smothered because of his face in my shoulder.

I released my arms from around his neck and placed my hands on his shoulders, "It's only been 8, maybe 9 weeks. You didn't miss me that much." I smirked, our faces only a couple inches away.

"Really?" He bit his lip, "Let me show you then" he cuffed my booty with his hands pulling me even closer than what we already were.

"NOPE!" Kayla yelled, "Keep it in your pants Travis or get out." She rolled her eyes. "Y'all cute though."

"Go upstairs Kayla!" I laughed.

I grabbed Travis' hand and led him over to the couch, plopping down.

    "Wassup with you?" I said scrolling on my phone.

"Wassup with us?" He said looking at me. Making me put my phone down.

      "What you mean?"

"You know what I mean. What we doing? Where we going with this?"

I looked at him confused because he shouldn't be the one asking this. "Shouldn't I be asking those questions?"

"Ehh.." He shrugged, "It can go both ways I think" he smirked.

"Okay, so what do you think?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Well I think your cute, and that you should go out with me." He said cheesing.

I was caught off guard because Damon didn't even ask me that fast. Travis didn't even hesitate, like he already knew what he was coming to see me for.

I chuckled,"I didn't mean it like- wait. Go out?" I asked, making sure I heard him right the first time.

      "Yeah."

"Like, as in your boyfriend?" I repeated.

"Yes," he chuckled, "so wassup?"

I turned my body towards him, leaning my head on my hand.

"You must think you cute." I smirked.

"I must be if you had to turn your whole body to see me." he said pulling me onto his lap so that i was straddling him now. "So, you fuckin' with me or what?" He asks.

I huffed, I couldn't believe we had come this far in our relationship so quickly. And to add on to that, I was risking so much date him even though he was still in the closet. "Yea, but if you even think about fucking me over-" I pointed my finger in his face

"You ain't gotta worry about that." he said grinning as he moved my finger from out his face, kissing my cheek.

He placed his hands on my waist and started to kiss my neck. I moved my head slightly to give him more access.

He grabbed my butt, rubbing it as we kissed passionately "ouch!" He stopped and rubbed his lip. "You bit down too hard that time" he pouted, then laughed.

         "Aww im sorry" I kissed him again.

"Awhh, ain't y'all just the cutest. But Travis, my mom bouta pull up in like five minutes. So If you still want your life..." Kayla says from the top of the staircase.

"Aight, i know my cue." Travis says getting up off the sofa.

"Ima see you tomorrow iight?" he asks leaning in the doorway.

"Yep."

"iight," He smiled but he hadn't moved yet.

"What is it?" I asked curious.

"I just cant believe you finally mine." He smiled again and kissed me.

I waited for him to reach his car before I shut the door. Did I rush into this with Travis too fast? I just feel like maybe I should've Waited a little longer before I just said yeah. I leaned against the door and untucked the necklace Damon gave me.