Chapter 6

The Overkill, Dawn Fire, and the rest of the ships that had survived had landed back at their base. Harem strode off his carrier and headed for the command center.

Peri, Faraday, Kewa, and Guoh quickly joined him as they left the battle-scarred Dawn Fire.

Inside of the command center were several other officers from various ships and a couple other aliens, Will and Zorra.

"So, what's the situation?" Harem asked the others.

"They've completely broken through our lines sir. They now have a straight shot at earth." Vice Admiral Allan Jutras replied.

The other two, respective Lower and Upper Rear Admirals Allie Leveque and Bill Piller both nodded.

"Yeah, we didn't stand a chance up there." Piller said.

Harem nodded "Yes, and if they're as strong on the ground as they are in space this fight is already lost." He said.

He turned to where the aliens were standing "Is there anyone who has experience fighting you guys?" he asked.

Will nodded and straightened up. "Yes, there is. When we first landed, or crash-landed on our scouting mission we encountered the local police force. We had flipped over a police cruiser that happened to be driving by when we came in. The cop ran for it and we chased him into the woods where he called for backup. We were met with the Des Plaines SWAT team and they fought us hard. If anyone knows how to fight us, they do." He said.

Harem nodded "I want to see them. Now." He said, turning to a young captain. "Get me the Des Plaines SWAT team." He told him.

The captain nodded "Right away sir." He replied and then rushed off.

Meanwhile, at the Des Plaines Police Department, the SWAT team was just returning from a raid.

The team piled into the debriefing room. Captain Rob Starken laid his M4 against the wall and went to the front of the room while, the rest of the team grabbed some chairs. Sergeant Sonrisa Mendez had her M14 on her lap, Sergeant Zuton Cruton, who was an eagle shape shifter, had his M6 on a chair next to him. Corporal Bill Westly and Sergeant John Rankins had their respective AA-12 and MP5 leaned up against the wall next to them, and Lieutenant Qindeo Greybeck, who was a flyer with a 20-foot wingspan, had his M82 slung on his back and Desert Eagle in a leg holster.

"So, team. Today's raid was re-" Starken began when he was suddenly cut off by the phone ringing.

He picked it up "Hello, this is Captain Starken of the DPPD SWAT." He said.

After a few moments, he hung the phone up and turned to the rest of the team. "Grab your gear; we're going." He said.

The team nodded and grabbed their stuff, heading out the door to the garage where the SWAT truck was parked.

They piled in and headed off to the UNSC Outpost.

"They're on their way." The captain said to Harem, who nodded.

"Good." He said.

About an hour later, the SWAT truck pulled up to the tunnel entrance into the UNSC Outpost. The SWAT team got out and entered through a regular sized door next to the huge one.

They made their way to the command center where the young captain ushered them in.

Harem looked them over as they filed in. Dressed in full tactical gear with an array of weapons they were an impressive sight.

"So, let's get straight to business." Harem said. "The reason I called you here is because you are the only humans with experience fighting these aliens on the ground. Now I am told that one of you, Sergeant Zuton, was abducted by these aliens and convinced them to defect. For this, I am grateful. If we didn't have them on our side we wouldn't stand a chance." He paused for a moment. "Now I want you to tell me everything you know about fighting the aliens on the ground, and I want you" he turned to Will "to confirm it." He said.

Starken stepped forward "Well the first thing that you should know is that their weapons are substantially different from ours. They use a type of round that is similar in weight and size to ours, but instead of lead, they use a sort of condensed plasma that hits harder and is more lethal. They also use laser weapons and electrified swords." He said.

Will nodded "This is true, your weapons are less effective than ours due to the fact that ours hit harder and can travel a greater distance." He said.

Starken then proceeded to go into a detailed description of fighting the aliens, including how they used their talon-like fingers and their fast healing rate.

Once he had finished explaining Harem was silent for a minute before speaking again. "Thank you. I want all this information relayed to everybody you can get it to." He told the captain, who nodded and went off to do so.

He turned back to the SWAT team. "I am placing you six under the temporary command of the UNSC. Your ranks will be matched with the equivalent UNSC rank, which are all the same. Also, you will be your own fire team under the command of Captain Rob Starken." He told them.

Starken nodded "Yes sir." He said.

"Good. Now this is Sgt. Faraday." Harem gestured to the sergeant who was standing with the other three Marines in his fire team. "You two will be working with Will, forming Squad A1." He said.

Will, Starken, and Faraday all nodded, but before anyone could say anything there was a dull boom over head, followed by a lot more.

"That doesn't sound good." Qindeo said.

"Yeah, it doesn't." Faraday added.

"It isn't." Will said, "They're here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A lot of new characters to introduce in this chapter cause after this it really starts to heat up XD Comment, vote, and tell me what you think!