Chapter 3

"Sir, the engines have been brought back online." A young captain called up to Harem, who nodded.

"Good." Harem responded and then walked over to the radio console. He picked up the microphone and spoke into it. "Attention all ships; this is Fleet Admiral Darius Harem of the USS Overkill. All ships are to fall back. I repeat, fall back. Regroup at Rally Point B. We will cover your asses. Overkill out."

As the ships began to turn tail and jump into slipspace, Harem called down to the hangar. "What ships do we have?" he asked the quartermaster that was stationed down there.

"There are currently about 1,000 Longswords, 500 Pelicans, 50 Champion Class frigates, 20 Warlock Class destroyers, and 5 Caldari Class battle cruisers." The quartermaster told him.

"Alright, tell the crews to get ready in case we need them to cover us." Harem responded.

"Yes sir." The quartermaster said.

Harem put the radio down and turned his attention back to the Ascendant Justice, which had turned its attention back to the Overkill. "Time to show them who they are messing with." He said.

On the bridge of the Justice Xphol turned to Ylant. "Are we ready to fire?" she asked her deputy.

Ylant nodded "Yes ma'am." He said.

"Fire!" both commanders ordered at the same time.

The blue plasma arced from the Justice's plasma line and the five white flashes from the Overkill's MAC gun happened at the same time.

Three MAC rounds struck the already damaged stern of the Justice and the other two hit further up the ship.

One of the plasma bolts hit the back of the Overkill's flight deck while two more hit towards the bottom of the ship.

Xphol lost her balance, fell, and hit her head on a chair. She pulled herself up, clutching the chair and growling. "Charge the beams again!" A trickle of black blood went down her face, and she used her other hand to compress on the wound.

Ylant nodded "Charge the line!" he ordered.

"Report!" Harem yelled. "We've lost the main capacitors for the MAC sir and the auxiliaries are offline.

"Damn it! How much charge is left?" Harem said. "Enough for two shots."

"Then use them wisely." Harem said.

"Lines are charged ma'am." Ylant said.

Xphol nodded, "Fire." She said, sitting down in her chair. "Time to take out the trash, Ylant...." She muttered, staring steely at the Overkill.

"With pleasure." Ylant said. "Fire at will." The plasma lines arced and the plasma bolts shot towards the Overkill.

"Brace for impact!" Harem yelled. The Overkill took the entirety of the hit on her port side. The plasma burned through the heavy battle plate and seared holes into the side of the ship, rocking it violently. "Report!" Harem yelled. "We are dead in the water sir, all engine power has been lost." an officer responded.

Xphol grinned "Perhaps they will think twice about fighting us again." She said. She turned to Ylant. "Send engineers to repair what they can and get us underway in pursuit of the enemy." She ordered.

Ylant nodded "Yes ma'am." he said. The tall alien turned and walked out of the bridge.

Harem watched the Justice jump into slipspace in pursuit of the rest of his fleet. "Alright, get the ships in the hangars out and have them tow us." He said.

Several minutes later, the Overkill was towed into slipspace to the rally point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Overkill just got owned, lol. Comment, vote, and tell me what you think!