Feelings

BTWW! FIRST TIME DOING A LIL JAYDEN POV, DON'T FORGET TO CHECK IT;) + vote <3 <3

*************************************************************

Layla POV (chapter 14)

"She puts her make-up on like graffiti on the walls of the heartland. She's got her little book of conspiracies right in her hand. She's paranoid like endangered species heading into extinction!" Mike and James sing as Jayden plays a non-existent guitar.

"She's one of a kind; well she's the last of the American girls!" Tina continues after, snatching the microphone away from Mike and James. Maria starts dancing as Jayden goes into an air guitar solo. Jeremy, Sam, Anthony, Annie and I are seated on the mats as the rest of the gang, excluding James' dad, sings karaoke in the basement. We're actually supposed to be training right now but nobody is in the mood to. If James' dad finds out, we're so dead! Jayden suddenly snatches the microphone away from Tina.

"This one's for you, Layla." He says, smirking as he starts wiggling his eyebrows at me. "She's on a hunger strike for the ones who won't make it for dinner! She makes enough to survive for a holiday of working class. She's a runaway of the establishment incorporated!" He stops singing for a second to smile at me. "She won't cooperate. Well, she's the last of the Canadian girls!" He winks at me, his blue eyes twinkling with amusement. Mr. Dangerous who's seated behind him glowers at Jayden's back, digging holes through his back with his eyes and stands up, pushing Jayden away and making him stumble. Snatching the microphone away from Jayden, Mr. Dangerous also starts singing to me.

James takes my hand, and pulls me up off of the floor and closer to him. "You're a sucker for all the criminals breaking the laws! You will come in first for the end of western civilization. You're an endless war; you're a hero for the lost cause." He looks into my eyes, piercing his sapphire-blue eyes into mine. Meanwhile, I stare back at him, totally confused. "Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation! You're a natural disaster; you're the last of the Canadian girls!" He finishes, letting go of me.

"Uh... Thanks?" I respond, not knowing if what he's singing to me is supposed to be a compliment or not. I mean, he just called me a natural disaster! From the corner of my eyes, I see Tina rolling her eyes at me before taking a seat on the mat next to Annie.

"Not a problem, mah lady." James smirks, taking a seat next to me. Suddenly there's a knock on the door, and then James' dad peeps in.

"If you're done flirting with the confused Layla here, then it'd be nice if you guys started training!" He snaps, making everyone jump out of their seats and jump back to reality.

"Yes, sir!" Sam obeys, saluting James' dad before going to the back of the room to lift weights. Every time I see Sam in the gym, he's always lifting weights. Nodding, James' father exits the gym, leaving all of us alone. I think that everyone's going to go back to the karaoke but they're not; one warning from James' dad is enough for them all to get back to training

**

"If someone attacked you from the back, what would you do?" Annie asks me timidly. She's supposed to be helping me train, but I think she's afraid of me. Do I really look that intimidating? Especially to a gang member? Or maybe, she's just naturally shy.

"If someone attacked me from the back, I would probably elbow them." I counter, smiling at my own smartness. Smirking at some kind of inside joke, Annie nods her head, her ginger brown hair moving as she does so. Unexpectedly, I feel someone roughly grab my waist from the back. Out of habit, I rapidly swing my hand and elbow the person straight onto their abdomen. I hit them hard, with all my almighty strength. The person groans and I quickly turn around to see that Jeremy has fallen. He puts his thumb up, signalling that I did a good job before standing back up on his feet.