Chapter Fourteen

"I want to see my Baba! Why did he go? It's all your fault, Mustafa. You scared him away!"

Arina's defiant manner was slowly returning. She sat in the main room, arms crossed across her chest, a stern look on her face. 

             "Just stop this foolishness. I don't know what Isaak thought he'd achieve by barging in here, disrupting everything! He must be out of his mind," Mustafa began mumbling to himself; all sorts of thoughts were running around his mind. He was angry with Isaak for coming to the building without his permission.

             "I know, darlin'. He has disrupted everything. Arina was only just behaving like how she should," Kos added.

             "I don't even know how he found this place. Who told him?! Somebody must've told him." Mustafa had, in his mind, a list of names of who he believed was responsible for telling Isaak. Mustafa was getting increasingly furious. With a clenched fist, he punched the wall. 

Arina jumped back out of shock. Even though she was more angry with Mustafa than Mustafa was with Isaak, she controlled herself better than Mustafa could ever. Having said that, however, Arina still demanded answers.

             "Why didn't you just let him take me away?! Why not? Why must you all be so cruel?!" She couldn't believe she was now shouting at Mustafa even though she knew what he was capable of, but she just wanted her Baba back.

She had thought of him most night; to be reunited with him, and to go back to living their relatively normal life. She had wanted that so bad that when she actually Isaak in the flesh, she would have done anything to leave with him. She loathed Mustafa, out of everything that he had ever done to her in the past, for stopping her from going with Isaak. It just wasn't fair.

             "Don't raise your voice at me! Do you seriously think I would be stupid enough to let you leave here? After everything you know? After how much I paid for you?"

Arina's heart froze.

'After how much I paid for you'?

What did he mean? Did Mustafa pay Isaak for her? She had never contemplated the fact that Isaak had sold her. That was far too barbaric and inhumane, wasn't it?

She wasn't an object that could just be sold, was she?

             "What?" She muttered, fearful for the answer.

Kos noticed the confused look on Arina's face and realised that Arina still had not fully comprehended what had happened to her and how she'd come to end up in the brothel.

             "Arina, you need to go on a round," Kos spoke up before Mustafa could answer. 

Arina ignored her and pushed for an answer from Mustafa.

             "What do you mean, Mustafa?" 

             "Don't be so stupid!" Was all he said. He sighed a heavy breath and sunk down in his seat as if giving up arguing with Arina. 

             "Stop talking to me like I'm five years old. What do you mean 'paid' for me?! Huh? Just tell me!" 

With no answer, she spoke again.

             "Come on, Mustafa, tell me!"

Mustafa was now infuriated. So much that he could not control what he was saying.

             "You're more stupid than you look. Do you think you came here by magic?! Do you magically flew here? Of course, I paid for you, you stupid, stupid, stupid, girl!" He slammed his cigarette into his ash tray with all his power.