Attic Friends

Lillys P.O.V

Chapter 1 

This is the worst day of my life. Imagine leaving the best school ever, your best friend and a water front home so big 6 people could live in it sad right? Well thats what i thought . . . untill i moved to southern california. It was the first of July summer heat beating down on my back. I can just picture the house a big two story home brand new and updated right on the goregous beach with new and tall palm trees surrounding the home.

"Lilly!" my mom snapped "Lilly"she repeted. "here we are" she said

"yay" i said sarcastically

it was a long 8 hour drive so i was really tired and didnt want my mom to know that i was a bit excited. When i looked outside i was really disapointed because it was nothing like i had expected.

"Well on the bright side its close to the beach"

"parden?" my mother said.

Oops i hadnt realized i said that out loud

"its nothing" i told my mom.

to be completely honest, it was a discrase it had hidiouse yellow dead grass, dead trees scattered about the lawn, roted steps, and the house was a whole other story it was made of wood and the royal blue paint was chipping off and above all, the roof was caving in. There was a rotted fence surrounding the yard.

CREEAAK!

"ouch!" i covered my ears as i glanced out the car window to see my dad had opened the fence and now was walking toward me i roled my eyes

"embarrassing!" i said a little too loud as my dad started to dance trying to get me to be happy.

"I cant believe you like this place" i said to my dad.

cough. cough "ugly" cough. cough.

"Its not that bad" dad said

i rolled my eyes (again)

"ya it is" i got out of the car. The mooving truck came rumbling down the road.

"Give it a chance Lilly you havent even looked inside yet" he said to me

"don't think i want to" i replied. ~

I pulled out my phone to see if any of my friends had texted me and of course no phone service.

"Great" i said "no phone service how mutch worse could this place get!".

"Dont worry once we get the phone lines and the power fixed then there will be service and power then you can text whoever" Dad said.

"Great so i cant go on my laptop or my phone and i cant even watch TV!"

"Setle down and give this place a chance will you" my dad said.

I colected my things and set off as i stepped onto the rotted steps i heard a loud groan

 I screamed as i fell through the steps my parents came rushing out to me

"Lilly!" my mom shouted "are you ok?"

"are you kidding i just fell through the stairs of course im not *O.K*" i answered stubbornly i pulled myself up to the landing "theres another thing to fix . . . Dad"

i said angrilly. There was a fair sized living room and a cute but big kitchen and there was even a dinning room. I followed the stairs up to the second story there was 3 bedrooms one guest room my parents room and my room (which my parents had already picked out for me)

"Lilly its supper" my mom and dad shouted up at me

"Great what are we having cereal?"

"no" my mom answered. The neighbors invited us over for a eat out

"really?" i questioned

...no answer

i ran to my room and started rummaging through boxes and slipped on a strapless white dress with a lace open back and some ankle boots. I ran downstairs i was starving. I stepped outside it was boiling out! I followed my mum and dad over to a way nicer house and yard were i saw the biggest picknick table i have ever seen.

"Burgers" said mum

"oh" i replied

"you know they also have a little girl about your age" dad said

"oh how old is she?"

"fifteen just like you" he replied.

So we all took a seat around the picknick table there was even plump round cushions placed down for us to sit on

*how nice* i thought. Then out walked the girl i assumed my dad wad talking about in her hands she was carring some potato chips and burger buns she placed them down and looked over to me

"Hi my names Bridget" she said.

At first i had no idea who she was talking to me until then i relized  as she started staring.

*oh how more embarrasing could this get* i thought

"Uuum sorry about that . . . my names Lilly" i replied

we shook hands. I had to say she did have my style. Infact we looked quite alike we both had tanned long legs and long dirty blonde hair except i had blue eyes while she had green. She took a seat to my left

"My dad made 4 extra burgers just in case" Bridget told me

"Oh thats good my dad eats alot" i replied we laughed.

after we were done eating me and Bridgets parents were all talking about boring stuff like neighbourhood meetings and how to get a green lawn in "just" 2 months.

"Hey Lilly do you want to go for a walk" asked Bridget

*yes i just got saved

"FINALLY! yes i would love to" i answered (a little too loud)

we were half way around the block when Bridget finally broke the "aqward" silence that all too quickly settled upon us.

"you know theres weird things that happened in that house"

"what house?" i said

"youre house" Bridget slapped me.

oh of course how could i be so stupid

"like what" i replied.

"Well for starters there was this birhday party there not too long ago, about 4 months ago to be exact the kids were playing hide and seek there was no place left to hide so this kid went up to the attic and hid in a chest well the chest locked on the kid and . . . well . . ."

"WELL WHAT!?" i shouted eagerly.

she flinched at my excitement "Well it was a day later they were looking for the kid all night and day never found him, and a day later they were cleaning up about to move when they found her. . . dead they say she suffocated"

"oh my god! poor kid" i said exaggerated.

"they moved that very day and a couple weeks after the new family moved in aparently the kid was writting creapy things on the walls, they said they heard someone calling 'mommy' stuff like that" said Bridget.

"Oh my goodness thats creepy" i replied.

"If anything happens like anything at all just call me"

she wrote her cell on my arm "Anyway lets forget that. So when do you start school?" she asked.