Parent's night

Third person POV.

Wednesday and Thursday had gone by so quickly for Melissa and Sam, their group had been reunited and even Kodie showed some relief that they had made up. School seemed like a much brighter place in those two days than it had for a few weeks, everyone seemed to notice and that matched with the excitement of parent's night this evening. Melissa and Sam slipped back into their old ways and Sam suddenly realised just how OK she was with her best friend dating their biology teacher. At lunch time they sat at their regular table at the back, almost being the loudest table in the whole cafeteria, laughing and talking loudly, followed by more laughter, Rosie made a comment that all they were missing was a good drink to make this lunch time better. That spurred everyone on to make a date to go out and celebrate finishing high scool and getting the exams over with, and then another night out for when they got their results. Mr Jackmen walked by their table with a tray covered in food, Sam stopped him.

"Sir, is it alright that after school Melissa can pop up and get you to mark some past paper things for her?"

"Uh, sure"  He said taken a back.

"Sam!" Melissa blushed.

"What? It was you who said you 'didn't want to bother him', but your grades are important! You need to know if you're doing it properly!" Sam argued to Melissa.

Mr Jackmen laughed and tried to hide his blush, Melissa had been texting him over the passed two days and explained to him that Sam had accepted their relationship and was in fact supporting it. This made Alex so happy to have been accepted by Melissa's best friend.

"Samantha's perfectly right, plus it'll give me something else to talk to your parents about won't it?" Alex asked with a smile that made Melissa blush a little more.

He smiled and bid the whole table goodbye, they said their goodbyes and then went on to talk lightly about Mr Jackmen and how good looking he was and who they wondered was the student sleeping with a teacher.

"I wouldn't blame someone for sleeping with Mr Jackmen, would you?" Kelly asked the table.

Almost everyone said 'no', each fawning over him.

"I know you shouldn't and everything and I wouldn't do it, but you honestly wouldn't kick him out of bed for dropping crumbs" Jo bit her lip.

Melissa laughed and Sam looked at her with a grin.

"Don't say you would" She stuck her tongue out at Melissa.

"Of course she would, but only cause Andrew would be coming home from work" Rosie laughed.

"Honey I'm home!" Rosie mimed in a deep voice.

"Oh darling, I wasn't expecting you home so soon...this is my biology teacher" Sam said in a high pitched girly voice.

"Makes more sense than your history teacher" Rosie replied.

Everyone burst out laughing.