Sorted

Third Person's POV

The cafeteria echoed with the voice of the headmistress as she rambled on about the new ciriculum that would take place when the sixth years left, which was pointless since the sixth years wouldn't be here next year. Sam sat a few seats away from Melissa and glanced over to her when she noticed the headmistress casting a glance at her.

"Also I'd like to see Melissa Butler and Samantha Greene after the assembly"

Both girls faces burtn bright red, Melissa's heart pounding with fear that the head mistress found out about her and Alex. Sam was frightened in case Melissa thought Sam had stuck them in. A few people looked at them, but their head of year started to speak and so everyone was distracted. Melissa and Sam weren't paying attention and stood up with the others as the bell went, picking up their bags and making their way over to the tall, well dressed but stern faced, fake tanned woman that was their headmistress. With a nod as the girls stood in fornt of her, she turned her back and made her way to her office, the girls in tow, looking at each other as they pulled a face and both giggled; it was their way of miming that she was the bulldog playingdress up. The girls normally never bad mouthed their teachers in such a way, but MIss Masterson had bothered Melissa and her friends and when they had all proven her wrong they got into bother for it.

In the office they sat on the other side of the Mistress's desk, waiting anxiousy for her to speak as she put on her glasses and looked at a piece of paper before moving them down her nose and peering at the girls over the rim of her glasses.

"I understand that you were having parental problems Miss Butler?" Miss Masterson asked.

Melissa's heart stopped and she had to stop herself from breathing a sigh of relief.

"Yes Miss"

"Is everything alright now?"

"Yes Miss, much better thank you" Melissa smiled politly.

"Good, have Samantha and you resolved your issues?" She asked.

"Yes Miss" The girls said simultaneously.

Miss Masterson nodded and shuffled some papers around.

"I'm glad, as you both know it's parents evening this Thursday and I've heard from your pasteral care teacher that you would prefer it that none of your teachers bring up their issues and how they've effected you in class"

"Yes Miss, they have so far sorted most of their problems and we're getting along again, I'd hate for new arguments to spring up" Melissa blushed as she lied through her teeth to her headmistress.

"I understand, well I also wanted to ask if you both would be here all day Thursday and meet your parents here as we need more people to help out with the signing in and serving tea and biscuits and showing parents to the right stall" Miss Masterson explained.

"Yeah, sure that's not a problem" Melissa smiled.