The Ice RInk Development

Alex’s P.O.V

I waited at the entrance to the Ice Skate Rink at half six, eagerly scanning the area for any sight of Mel. I was beginning to think going Ice Skating was a bad idea; I hated my sister for giving me the free tickets. I sighed and leaned against the wall, leg up, hands in pockets and my head down a little; what if she changed her mind? I took out my phone and looked at our text messages, she was on the bus about half an hour ago, she should be here!

“Hey, you waiting for someone?” A girl asked.

I looked up and my heart jumped at the thought I hadn’t noticed Mel; but it wasn’t her. It was a lovely blond woman, smiling at me. I smiled back.

“Yeah, my girlfriend” I smiled back at her.

“Aww” She pouted then winked and walked away, swaying her hips.

I laughed a little and sighed.

“Well, looks like you got yourself an admirer”

I jumped around and heard her sweet laughter and blushed a bit, rubbing my neck. Melissa grinned and jumped on me and kissing me roughly on the lips. Looking into my eyes, I noticed she was waiting for a response.

“Good thing I’m not looking for one”

“Good, cause then I don’t have to kick her ass” Melissa winked.

I grinned, it was cute if she was getting a little jealous, it showed she really liked me. I’ve never really felt possessive in a relationship, guess they weren’t the right one. I kissed her forehead and then wrapped my arm around her shoulder leading her towards the entrance of the indoor skating rink. The closer we got to the booth the more nervous I got. We handed over the tickets and then joined the que for our boots. As we waited music played, which made Mel dance and I laughed, she grabbed my hands and made me sway my hips, I over-acted it, pretending to be the blond woman. Melissa laughed and pushed me, then ran to be first to get her boots. I sighed; I hadn’t been ice skating for years.

“What’s wrong?” She asked with her boots firmly strapped to her feet.

“Uh…I’m not very good at ice skating” I confessed.

She grinned at me.

“I’ll help you”

I smiled at her and she excused herself to put her shoes and bag in a locker. She offered to take my wallet but I said no, I liked having it on my person. After I got my boots on, I tip-toed over to the edge of the rink where Melissa was waiting. She grinned encouragingly at me and stepped on the ice, showing me it was safe, I stepped on the ice and almost slipped. Melissa rushed forward and grabbed me, laughing and got me on the ice.

“Why did you suggest we go ice Skating if you can’t” She stuck her tongue out.

“My sister had the free tickets, she wasn’t going to use them cause she was just out the hospital. They’re going out of date soon but she’s still recovering from her reaction ” I explained.

“That was nice of her! Is she feeling better though?”

“Much! Still feeling a little down, but better than she was” I smiled at her.

“That’s good” She smiled.

“It’d be nice if you two met, I’m sure you’d get along” I smiled.

Melissa grinned at me.

“Really?!”

“Yeah, she’s really easy to get along with, and so are you” I smiled at the compliment I gave her.

“Thanks”

“Anytime, would your parents like me if I wasn’t your teacher?”

“Probably, our age difference isn’t much” She shrugged and smiled shyly.

I smiled at her and took her hand, squeezing it tightly. I held on to the banister at the side with my right hand and held hers with my left. We made it round the rink twice before I tripped over my own feet and Melissa laughed, helping me up, she went ahead of me to get it need for speed out of her system and made her way back to me, taking my hand in both of hers, planting a kiss on my cheek. Suddenly I felt her fingers under my shirt and she tickled my sides, I wriggled about trying to get away, feeling my skates slip on the ice. I grabbed her wrists and pushed her hands away from me and pulled her to me and tried to tickle her. Melissa was a great wriggler and got out of my grasp, I tried to speed up to catch her but I couldn't. Melissa skated around the rink and met back up with me, I grabbed her and pinned her against the banister. I grinned down at her as she grinned with a slight blush.

"I can still wriggle out of this" She quipped.

"Really?" I asked doubtfully.

"Uh huh, but you'll fall on your bum" she grinned with an evil twinkle in her eyes.

I chuckled a little and went to open my mouth but she slid under my arms and got away. Sticking her tongue out, I decided enough was enough and I decided to skate a little faster. Melissa's eyes opened up and she gave a small clap as I caught up with her and almost crushed her. Laughing she took my hand and encouraged me to skate faster and away from the banister. We eventually managed to keep going round and I got more confidence. I really felt so confident around her, she was so lovely and she constantly made me feel good about what I was doing, she didn't huff or pout that I was holding her back, she was patient and took your mind off of things so you would gain the courage to do something.

"Have you ever thought of being a teacher? You'd be a great one" I told her as we held hands and skated in sync.

Shrugging but with a small smile on her face, I knew it was a thought of hers. I squeezed her hand and she looked at me.

"You would, look you got me to skate without holding onto the banister"

She gave me a short blast of her sweet laughter and I smiled too.

"Thanks" She squeezed my hand back.

"But, I couldn't be a teacher, cause I might end up being [i]so[/i] good, I steal your job!" She gave a shocked face and an exaggerated gasp.

I laughed and stop, pushing towards the banister as to not block other skaters getting around. Melissa had that too familiar grin on her face as I put my hands on my hips.

"You wouldn't put your poor old teacher out of a job would you?!" I gasped and she laughed, covering my mouth.

"Not so loud!" She giggled.

I blushed a bit and muttered a 'whoops'. We laughed and she took my hands and pulled me back into the circling crowd. As we were going round, I heard a dull thump behind me; my wallet had fallen on the ice. I rolled my eyes and felt my stomach drop, as if something bad was going to happen. Melissa squeezed my hands.

"I'll skate back round and get it, You can't stop because of the crowd"

Off she went and I tried to get back, but the amount of people seemed to have double during our time here and I hadn't noticed, or it was just fate being a jerk. I waited for Melissa and I spotted her skating a little fast around a corner as she made her way back towards me. Just as she got there, a boy around her age picked up my wallet and I got a little wary. Melissa tapped his shoulder and I smiled, she out-stretched her hand and spoke about the wallet. I couldn't get to her so I had to skate around and meet up with her. I went faster than usual but not as fast as Mel; I wasn't that confident. As I got there, Mel was looking pretty angry and the guy was looking pretty cocky. I felt something in my chest bristle and I skated over and wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"What's the problem Hun?" I asked.

"This...person" She gave him a disapproving look.

"Is refusing to give back your wallet" She finished.

"Well if you don't hand it back mate, i believe that's theft" I quipped.

"Oh what's this, can't fight your own battles so you have to get your boyfriend into it?"

Melissa went to reply but I cut her off.

"I'm sure my girlfriend is perfectly fine to fight her own battles, but this is mine. That is [b]my[/b] wallet ergo [b]my[/b] fight, now hand it over" I extended my hand.

The boy made a noise and wiped his nose. He threw my wallet into the centre of the rink and Melissa almost instantly flew after it. I eyed up the stupid boy and he puffed out his chest. I laughed at him and he glared at me.

"what, you want to fight?"

"With you no way" I said.

He looked a bit put out but a bit proud, as if I was scared.

"I don't want your blood all over my shirt, it ain't worth it" I shrugged and that got him mad.

"You better watch your mouth! Or I'll knock you out and then help myself to your pretty girlfriend over there"

I felt my face redden with anger and something inside me filed me with gusto.

"Shut your mouth. You speak about her like that again and I'll have your head on a plate, and use your tiny brain for dissecting in my Biology class"

I felt stupid after saying it, even if it made me feel good while I was saying it. He looked at me and growled. I focused on him and watched as his right hand swung at me. i loved to the right and he missed me, I brought my knee up and caught him right between the legs. He yelled and the whole circulation of people seemed to stop, some one skated over to us and then Melissa appeared.

"That's what you get for talking about my girlfriend"

"Sir, I think we're going to have to ask you to leave"

"That's alright, I'm fed up with assholes like him anyway"

Melissa took my arm as we were escourted off the rink. We were asked to wait aside for the manager. We then gave our account of the incident and then boy agreed and admitted he was wrong. I felt happy I had stood up for myself, even if it was someone younger.

"Today's youth is so disgusting" Melissa muttered.

"Listen to you! You wee old woman you!" I teased and she laughed.

I tickled her sides and she squealed and stood up from the bench we had been sat at for fifteen minutes. I stood up with her and beckoned over a staff member to ask if we were done and if we could leave. It was around eight and we hadn't eaten, so we stopped off at the chippy outside the shopping centre and sat eating them in my car. I was refusing to let her go home at this time of night. My radio was playing in the background as we ate our chips.

"Thank you, for sticking up for me Alex" She said.

I looked up from my meal of grease and looked at her.

"No problem, I wasn't going to let him fantasize about you, every time he goes to he'll remember the pain " I grinned.

She laughed and we fell back into a comfortable silence.

"Thanks for getting my wallet back" I added shortly.

She laughed; "No problem".

After that she leaned over and we kissed, leaving the make-out untill she had to get out of the car. It wasn't very nice making-out straight after food, and I think we both knew that. We spoke in silence about what we had happening tomorrow and spoke more about what we had done through out the week, we kept in touch via texts but it was nice to have something to talk about. Eventually we got to her house and we stopped. We spoke a little and then started to kiss. It was breif but amazing and I waited till te light from her house illuminated the concrete path outside her door before I left. I went home, went to the bathroom before grabbing a bottle of water and a pile of papers for marking. I wouldn't get through all of them, but at least I'd have some out of the way. Although I couldn't help but distract myself with the thought; Was it too early in the relationship for her to stay over?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note!

Hey guys, I'm so glad you're all enjoy the story and thank you for your continued support of reading, fanning and voting! Me and The Anonymous Tipster actually met up yesterday and had a huge discussion on the story! We hope that what we have planned for Melissa and Alexander will keep you entertained! Things will get a little more heated pretty soon! We have it all planned and just can't stop writing! However we also feel that we're just jumping from date to date and would like to apologise for this, we will be making the chapters a little more based on the lines of them being all cute and sneaky in school; we're just so excited! Again, thanks for your support!

P.S I called the chapter; Ice Rink Development because I've been watching so much Big Bang Theory and they have funny named episodes, plus I thought it fit since we tried to make this chapter focus on the development of their feelings, a wee bit of jealousy in there and getting a bit protective!

IHeartALad <3