Whipped and Chained

It's been about a day since my first encounter with Vanessa, and I can say that it's been remarkably unpleasant. Vanessa's boss didn't take well to my refusal to comply, but he wouldn't meet me face to face, so I won't tell him how I received wings.

Vanessa and Logan, who is Vanessa's coworker, have done what they can while still being nice, but I've been told that they will start torturing me to get answers. Shivers travel down my spine as I think about it. Maybe I should just tell them, I've never been one to keep secrets, but then I remember the collar around my neck, and I clench my fists in anger. They don't deserve my compliance. I know I can be strong.

I sit in silence for hours. Just exactly how long, I'm not sure, but so far this has been the longest time I've been alone without either Vanessa or Logan coming in trying to bribe me or convince me. Eventually, Logan comes in, with a box in his arms. He's actually kinda cute, with dirty blond hair that comes in waves around his ears, and olive colored skin. He looks like a surfer, and he probably is, I mean, we are in California.

"I'm giving you one more chance before we start. Come on, I don't want to hurt you," his voice is deep, he'd be a good tenor if he was in choir.

I don't answer, I just look at him. I don't glare, and my face is as straight as it can be. I've had enough practice hiding nervousness, after all, how else would I go up on stage? I've messed up before, but laughing it off seems to work. But my stomach twists as I think about what's going on. Who knows what's in that box. Laughing off my nerves won't work this time.

"No?" He raises his eyebrows. "Don't say I didn't warn you." He puts the box down on a table that had been moved in last visit. He opens the cage door and unhooks the chain from the cage, but he leaves the spiked collar around my neck. He takes the chain and uses it like a leash to lead me out. Still, I don't say anything.

"Why is your hand all wrapped up?" Is he trying to have a conversation with me? I don't understand what is going on.

I answer quietly, "none of your business."

He laughs, "wow, you've got an attitude." This time I glare at him. He removes my shirt, then attaches the chain to a hook on the wall. He pulls it tight so that I can barely move, and it's only then that I figure out what's in the box. I strain against the collar as he slowly walks to the box, which is behind me so I can't see. He takes his time, and it bothers me that I can't see him.

Then it comes. White hot pain sears across my back. Then again. And again. "I'm sorry man," Logan says after he whips me a fourth time. "I didn't want to do this, but the boss told me to. I didn't have a choice." I grit my teeth and prepare for the fifth hit. "You could just answer, you know. Why do you have wings?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," the crack of the whip is a familiar sound, but it's more frightening when it's up close. I lose count after ten, but I'm sure I've heard it crack about thirty times before I black out.

***

Tommy's POV:

It's been about two days since Adam disappeared. I'm worried sick for the guy, and Victoria thinks it's her fault, but she won't tell me why. I've looks everywhere, and so have the police, but to no avail.

I sit down on Adam's couch and turn on the news. They talk about politics and global issues for a while, before they move on to local news. For a moment I think I'm imagining his face appearing across the screen, like I have so many times these past two days, but it really is there.

Jet black hair and a light layer of eyeliner, sure enough it is Adam, no doubt. Of course, his hair is blond and the moment, but no one has a picture of it. Then, his face is gone, but a blonde haired woman takes his place.

"Two days ago," she says, "singer Adam Lambert disappeared without a warning. We found his car in an accident, but no signs of a body were found. There was another car in the accident that was also missing a body, but we have yet to identify the vehicle's owner. The third car involved in the accident was carrying two people, the driver was killed in the accident. Surveillance cameras reveal that the unidentified driver swerved in front of the other two, causing a collision, before the cameras black out. Whether or not this was done on purpose is still unknown, but police have been searching for the missing people. We have yet to find them, but when we do, we'll be sure to let you know. That's all for now, until next time!" I turn off the TV. Poor Adam. I need to find him, but how?

**A/N: He he he, I know you love it when I leave you hanging :P I know y'all still don't know who "the boss" is, but I'm getting there. But hey, first time from someone else's point of view, that's new. I probably won't do that a lot, but I hope you liked it. Please comment/vote/etc.!

Btw, I know that Adam has gone through many different phases, and idk if its clear which phase I'm using for this story. Imagine Adam from 2012-13, during the Trespassing era, then put that into today. Idk if I'll involve The Original High or not yet, but if I do it will still be the looks of Adam from 2012-13 with blond/silver hair. I hope this helps :)**