Taste of Freedom

Falling. I'm falling. But why haven't I hit the water yet?

I feel a slight wind on my face, and I open my eyes to find the water right below me. But I'm not touching it, am I falling forwards?

No. I'm not. I'm shocked when I feel more wind, but this time it's rustling through my feathers. My wings are spread out, and now I realize what's happening. I'm gliding on the air. I'm also getting closer and closer to the water as gravity works on me, but I'm scared that I won't be able to go higher.

I push down on air caught beneath my wings, rising up slightly. I do this twice more, each time getting about a foot further away from the water. I can't keep gliding forever, though, so I beat the feathery limbs on my back faster and stronger, gradually rising.

I falter for a moment when the truth hits me. I'm flying. I'm flying. And I'm terrified. They'll catch me, and take me back to the boss. They'll torture and whip me like previously.

"Don't think that," I tell myself, "they won't." I shake my head, then look around me. The ocean is below me, but the only land I see is the cliff I jumped from. I take a wide turn, then clumsily make my way over there, maybe I can go around the building.

Being my first flight, it shouldn't come as a surprise to you when I say I have no grace or fluency. I'd hate to be a bird, but then again, it's natural for them, they've been doing it forever. I'm doing it off the sudden instinct that I somehow have, no experience, I'm like a baby bird.

As I get closer to the land, I see small, human figures surrounding the building. A vaguely see another, non-human figure, but it's not clear. It has wings, but they're bigger than mine. Is it like me, or something else entirely?

It takes off into the air, heading towards me. Crap, I don't really want to know what it is anymore. I start to back away, but it's much faster than me, quickly overtaking me. I can't see it very well, but I can tell that it is, in fact, like me, but, I can't see his face. Then I feel a quick sting as he comes up behind me, and the next thing I know is I'm tumbling towards the ground.

***

Tommy's POV

It's been about four days since I've last seen or heard from Adam, and I'm worried out of my mind. He's in danger, I can feel it.

The first thing I did was visit Char, but he was just as surprised as everyone else to hear the news about my friend. Now I'm sitting on the floor, against his bedroom wall. My knees are drawn up to my chest, and my head is bowed. What will I do?

I let out a heavy sigh and slowly rise. I go to the guest room that has been serving as my own and pull out a thick book. I ran back to my home three days ago to fetch it, it had been neglected and ignored by me, but my grandfather gave it to me. Honestly, I hadn't even read the title before I stored it away in my basement all those years ago, but I know what it is now: My grandfather's spell book.

I still haven't grown used to the fact that I'm a witch, but I've been practicing spells nonetheless. I need to, for Adam. He'll want those feathery appendages removed ASAP, and I need to be ready. Maybe life'll go back to normal after he's fixed. I know I don't really believe that, but I tell myself it because I'm having trouble coping with the truth.

Adam's needs help, and I'm going to help him.

I've been practicing a tracking spell nearly 24/7, and I've almost got it down. I open the book and flip through the brittle pages until I get to the right page. I'm in Adam's house, so all the items pretty much belong to him, so that makes the spell 50% easier seeing I don't have to find something of his. The more attached he is to the item, the better and easier the spell is. At least that's what I've gathered.

I go back into Adam's room and look for something important. I see his phone on his bedside table, that should do. I pick it up and hold it close to my mouth, then I whisper a few phrases of non-English, gibberish incantations that I honestly don't know the meaning of. Almost instantly, I feel like a map has been placed into my mind, and I know where he is.

"Don't worry, Adam," I say out loud, "I'll be there soon."

Somehow, I feel like he heard me.

**Yo, I've updated! I'm sorry about the super long wait, but I needed a break. I'll try to update regularly, but I can't promise.

Well, tbh this chapter is trash, but I hope it's not too bad. I've really been thinking, what if I added people from other bands in this? I'm considering adding someone from FOB, P!atD, or MCR, but if y'all don't want that, that is completely totally okay. If you do want that, let me know who! I'd like to know what y'all think before I update.

Now, I don't know how many more chapters this is going to have, but it will start to wrap up soon, sorry. I'm ready to end it, I know what's going to happen and everything, and may I say I'm excited. I hope you liked it.

One last thing, as you've probably noticed, there's no picture. Why? Because pictures are more trouble than they're worth on this old iPod that I write on. It can't go on safari to get photos well, and crashes 50% of the time, so I hope y'all don't mind.

Please comment/vote/etc.! Feedback would be most welcome! I love you!**