You Need Help

I wake up at a decent time, staring at the wall for a while before getting up. The first thing I do is spread out my wings and move them around. The jet black feathers were really quite beautiful, I must be honest. I flap them a couple times, feeling the air catch underneath, and I begin to wonder if I really could fly. They grow so fast, so they would be able to carry my size soon, but would I be able to actually lift myself up? I don't think I'd know what to do.

I leave my room and head towards the living room, sitting down on one of the couches. Victoria is still asleep, so I turn on the TV with the volume low and watch some drama for half an hour. I'm interrupted when Tommy stands in front of me.

"Adam," his voice is scared, and I look up to find his brown eyes wide.

"Are you okay?" I stand up, just a little taller than him, and look him in the eye.

He rolls up his sleeve to reveal his arm, no longer wrapped up. What he said was just a scratch was in reality a deep gash, but that wasn't the scary part. The wound now had a sickly green tint, and the veins on his forearm and wrist, which were too easy too see, were also green.

"Tommy!" He lied to me, if he hadn't told me that it was just a scratch, we could've fixed it before it was a problem.

"I-I'm sorry," he can't hold my gaze and looks down.

"I'll bet you are, this is serious!" I bite my lip. "Why would you lie to me, Tommy?"

"Because," he still won't look into my eyes.

It's my turn to be in charge, so I grab his shoulder, "why did you lie to me?"

"Because you have enough to worry about, okay?" He snaps, "I'm supposed to be watching you and keeping you in check, not the other way around."

My next words are quiet, "but I'm also supposed to be your best friend."

Tommy finally looks up at me, an emotion that I cannot place swimming in his eyes. Neither of us say anything until we are interrupted.

"What's going on?" Victoria asks groggily.

Tommy and I answer at the same time, him saying "nothing!" while I say "Tommy's ill." He glares at me.

Victoria just give us a confused look, "what."

I sigh, "Tommy's 'scratch' from Char is infected. Its gaping open, and I'm assuming that Char's blade was poisoned."

"I don't know what to do," Tommy mutters.

"I do," I don't expect Victoria to actually have a good idea, but I hear her out just in case. "Visit Char. He's easy to crack, and well find a way to fix Tommy."

I shrug, that idea wasn't half bad. "Tommy, you in?"

"I don't want to-"

"Too bad," I interrupt. "Victoria, do you mind staying here?"

"I'm staying put," she nods.

"Good. Tommy, let's go."

He blinks, "now?"

I sigh, impatient, "yes, now! We don't know what he did to you, and we don't want it to get worse, so get your butt in my car." He reluctantly obeys, so I grab my keys and get in the drivers seat, while he slides in the passenger side. "Don't worry, Tommy, I'll make sure he fixes you."

Tommy grimaces, "that's the same thing I was telling you the other day, and look where that landed us."

"It got us information, we found Victoria and helped her, and we found out that you were a witch, and in the end he was put in his rightful place. Do you wanna say that again?" I give him a hard look, and he doesn't reply, just crosses his arms and looks out the window.

We arrive at the police station, and I'm about to get out of the when suddenly I begin to feel very self conscious. I'm a freak, I can't go out in public. "Tommy, I need you to bring the sheriff out."

"What, are you crazy?" He scoffs, "just come in with me."

"Please!" I start to get nervous, I really can't be seen. What was I thinking? Why didn't I at least wear my coat?

"Why can't you just come with me?" he taps his foot impatiently.

"Because I'm a freak! Okay? I can't go out in public, we're in the middle of the city, someone'll see me." I bite my lip hard enough that I can taste blood. "Please, Tommy."

He scoffs, "wow, okay, whatever. I'll try, but I can't promise that I'll be able to get the sheriff out."

"Thank you so much," I sigh. He heads off, leaving me alone in the car. I turn on the radio, listening to the music play softly. I slouch in my seat, and press my wings against my back, hoping desperately that Tommy will be back before anyone glances through one of the windows.

Please, Tommy, just hurry up. I'm actually terrified. What if they see me? What if they catch me? What if they cage me?

**A/N: Heyyy I updated. Sorry if it moves too fast, but thank you for the comments guys, they were really helpful! I love it so much when you guys comment, it feels really, really good. Please vote and comment, and read my other stories too! ^~^ **

**Updated Author's Note: I can't tell if the picture was published with the chapter, so I'm trying to get it on there. I don't know if it will work, so I apologize if there is no picture. I also apologize if your notifications tell you I updated again, when in reality, I'm only trying to fix the chapter. Please let me know if the picture doesn't upload, it's not really important, but it's still a nice touch. I'll try to publish another chapter soon! <3**