Chapter 17 (Part 1)

A/N: I know. I'm years late. *fail* Anyways, this chapter is really long so I'm gonna steal an idea and break it into two parts.

This chapter is dedicated to the ever amazing XundecidedX for being hilarious, spunky, and having and awesome story called "Kung Fu Dancing" that everybody should check out. Insert sublte hinting here.

Enjoy!

                                                                          Rocky

                I was really starting to get annoyed with the whole handcuff thing. As the three men escorted me back to the Redfang building, I nearly face-planted twice because my hands were cuffed behind my back. The Redfangs didn’t seem too unconcerned about it, either, because every time I tripped over a tree root they snickered like a triplet of killer hyenas.

                Nice analogy, Nelson.

                As we reached the building the Redfang members shoved me once and I went sprawling on the tile floor. Pain blossomed up my shoulder but I shook it off when I spotted a pair of ugly brown animal-skin boots that stopped right in front of me.

                I got a good look at the new Dawson. He still looked innocent enough with his hands shoved into the pockets of his trench coat and his mischievous brown eyes, but the smirk on his face wasn’t anywhere near innocent. “Hey, Rocky,” he said, and then he looked up at the three Redfang members. “Where’s the girl?”

                The Three Stooges shrugged. “They split up,” Stooge #1 said.

                Dawson closed his eyes and I grinned, liking that our plan had caused him a headache. “That doesn’t mean let her go,” he seethed. “Find her! Now!”

                The three turned to leave but Dawson grabbed one of them by the shoulder. “Go bring the other one out here,” he ordered.

                The Stooge gave him a look like he wanted to shove his head down a toilet but went to do as he said. I stared up at Dawson, who had reverted completely back to an easy-going private detective. He smiled down at me. “Don’t worry, Rocky,” he said brightly. “The gang’ll be here soon.”

                Needless to say I didn’t appreciate the pun.

                Stooge #3 came back shoving my brother in front of him. Shane looked miffed, to say the least, more annoyed at the man than scared. He saw me and his expression turned appalled. “Rock.”

                “What?” I said defensively. “We had a plan!”

                “Yeah, and you’re here, so I’m guessing it backfired.”

I grinned in spite the situation as Shane sat down criss-cross next to me. Our easy enough banter felt real, and I took the distraction gratefully. “So, how’s the room service?”

                “Lousy,” was his answer. “I hear it’s better than running from guys with guns, though.”

                “Not when you’re bunking with guys with guns,” I countered.

                “You’re one to talk,” he retorted. “What’s with the Stockholm Syndrome? She’s hot, Rocky, but she’s not that hot.”