Chapter 23

Dani POV

By 8am Friday morning, us Cimorellis were on the road headed for NorCal. Lauren and I sat in the back, Amy and Alex were in the middle while Mum and Christina sat at the front. Dad and the rest of my siblings were in the mini van with all our bags.

Sitting next to Lauren on long drives is always a good idea. Actually hanging out with Lauren is always a good idea. Lauren and I do pretty much everything together. Even when we were younger. We're the closest in age so we just have a bond with each other that we don't have with our other siblings. Lauren's not just my sister, she's my best friend.

"Helen? Who's that? Secret girlfriend?" Amy said, flicking through Alex's contacts on his phone

Lauren looked up at Alex and we both waited for his answer but instead he began to laugh.

"That's our aunt... She's 60 years old," he chuckled

We all burst into laughter and so did Mum and Christina.

After about 6 hours in an '80 degree car with 4 psychos and Shakespeare' as Lauren said, we were finally in NorCal! We all stepped out of the car and took in the stunning scenery.

"We are in the country!" I heard Lisa say

I turned around and saw Lisa smelling the cows.

"I'm going to tweet that later," Alex whispered to Lauren and I

We were soon greeted by our uncle and cousins. He showed us around the house and showed us all the rooms we'd be sleeping.

"Lauren, Dani, Lisa and Amy you'll all be in this room," our uncle said pointing to a room along the hallway

The four of us walked in and put down our bags.

"It still smells like the country," Lauren said, sitting on one of the two beds

"I love it!" Amy exclaimed

"Laur and Dani, you two okay to share a bed?" Lisa asked us

Lauren and I looked at each other and nodded.

"If you kick me off the bed, I'll kick you off," I said

"Yeah right who do you think I am, Barbara Streisand?" She laughed

"Whatever you say," I replied, taking a seat next to her

It was about 2pm and we were all exhausted. Lauren and Lisa decided to take a nap while Amy and I decided to take a walk around the house.

On our way out of the house we saw Michael asleep on the couch and our little brothers and cousins watching tv next to him, Christina and Kath were also sleeping in their room and Alex was reading Kath's goddaughter a story. Mum, Dad and our uncle were all sitting at the table talking and drinking tea.

As soon as Amy and I walked out of the house we were hit by that country breeze. It smelt amazing apart from the cows that were closeby.

"This place looks like my tumblr," Amy exclaimed

"It's amazing," I smiled

Amy and I sat down on the grass next to the house and talked for what felt like a long time. We spoke about school and how she'll almost be graduating, places we wanted to visit and ideas for songs we could write. We also spoke about Toby and she told me every single detail about how they met which would make it the second time she told me. But the story is so cute so I didn't complain.

After about an hour we went back inside where all our siblings were now awake. I noticed Alex was talked into playing Barbie with Kath's goddaughter which was pretty funny to watch.

"Okay guys I'm going to record a vine," Lisa said as she took out her phone. "You guys say 'we're', you guys say 'in', you guys say 'north' and we'll say 'California',"

She recorded her vine and we all pulled a weird face as Lauren, Amy, Lisa and I said 'California'.

"Done. Thank you," Lisa smiled

Lauren and I went over to sit on the bean bags.

"Did you have a wonderful nap?" I asked her and she laughed

"It was great," she answered

"Oh and according to Mike, we're all going out to lunch tomorrow then he might take us fishing," I informed her.

"Fishing sounds interesting..." Lauren laughed. "Has Kath mentioned anything about Wesley?"

"Not that I know of. She was sleeping when Amy and I went outside," I answered

"Oh... I hope she hears from him soon or at least has another date with him," she said

"I do too,"

After dinner Lauren, Mike and I were in our room. I was lying on the bed Lisa and Amy would be sharing, Lauren was on the bed we would be sharing and Mike was sitting against the wall using his laptop. Lauren was reading while I was on my iPod.

I saw Katherine come in and both Lauren and I sat up on our beds and Mike closed his laptop.

"What's up?" I asked Kath with a smile

She came and took a seat next to me and Lauren and Mike turned to face Kath.

"I guess my first date with Wesley was my last date with him," she sighed

"Wait, why?" Lauren blurted out

"Did something happen?" I asked

"That's the thing, nothing happened. We haven't spoken since our last date. I guess he doesn't like tall girls like me," Kath replied

"You did not just say that Katherine Ann," Mike said, he opened his laptop again and he looked like he was searching for something.

He looked up at us and began to read off his screen. "He doesn't want me.

I scared him away.

And maybe if I was

Prettier or

Smarter or

More interesting,

Maybe if I didn't always

Say the wrong thing

Bursting with bright red honesty

Brimming with a mile-wide smile

Maybe if I went shopping,

Maybe if I toned it down....

I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have said that.

Why does my stomach always seem to hurt now?

Why do I always feel so empty and lonely

I can barely stand it?

Maybe it's because

He doesn't want me

Maybe if I was perfect

He would

Kath Cimorelli posted 1 day ago,"

"Kath was that about Wesley?" I asked her and she nodded

"You do know that you shouldn't change the yourself for a guy, right? If he doesn't see how pretty, smart and generally amazing you are then he doesn't deserve you," Mike said

"And Kath there will be other opportunities to find your perfect guy, just give it time and trust God," Lauren smiled

"You guys are right," Kath started. "I guess I was just too caught up in finding my 'Perfect Boyfriend for Disneyland' that I let one guy's opinion take over me,"

"And always remember, you'll always be perfect to us and to God," Mike smiled

Kath smiled. "Thanks you guys,"

"No problem. All in a day's work of a big brother," Mike chuckled

"Hey, we helped too," I laughed. "You're welcome Kath,"

"Yeah, we love you," Lauren beamed