chapter 5

I think that the only reason why people stick to memories so tight for so long is that memories are the only things that remain as time and people change. Indeed, as I sat eating my icecream, I tasted with each lick the taste of my childhood and gazed beyond stabilities to replay what my mind has recorded of my hazy light past.
I recalled my self and Jake, my best friend playing hide and seek in every acre of this place till some long figure of a boy blocked my mind's sight. He was a tall muscular guy with golden blond hair locks spread underneath a cap that shaded his large grey eyes and their winged lashes. Bellow stands a straight nose grabbing after it a perfectly full lip into my sight. Then, I allowed my brain to stop his idleness and start functioning to collect all these features into a person my eyes
love -JAKE. He was still the same boy I know, the sportive bookworm that walks in the park every afternoon with a poetry book tangled with his fingers. As soon as I realized my languishment, I exploded from my place like an arrow that searches for a prey then landed as a hug in jake's arms.
"Long time no see, Jasmine," the voice of the long time childhood friend echoed in my ear, then Jake pulled me from the hug before adding, "how do you feel? Are you okay now?"
"Yeah, I'm great. How abou-" And again, I was cut in mid-sentence only to hear Austin's voice demanding to know who the guy in front of me is.
"Austin, this is Jake, one of my childhood friends. And Jake, this is Austin, my, erm, boyfriend."
"Nice to meet you, Austin."
"Thanks, it's nice to meet you too."
Austin replied trying but nontheless failing miserably to hide the anger in his voice.
"Jake was my best buddy as a kid, but he moved with his mother to Japan after his parents got divorced. When did you come back? Why didn't you say anything."
"I got back when I heard what happened to you. What were you thinking back then?"
"I don't know. I don't want to talk about it right now. Now tell me, why didn't you say anything when you came back. Why didn't you call?"
I was so immersed in our little chit chat, so I nearly jumped when I heard Eric's voice saying we should leave.
"Okay then, see ya Jake."
And before waiting for a reply, Austin grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him to the gates.
What has just happened? Did I really meet Jake right now? That's weird. Meeting him after all this time. It's just... surreal. I didn't recognize how mush I missed him till this moment. Till I met him.