chapter 3

My signal was enough for the young man -austin was his name- to continue his tale, "till here it has nothing to do with your presence in the hospital this time."
"k-keep going. "
"After the incidence, your life carried on  normally. You went to high school, made new friends -sandy and lydia, and you've fallen in love." His cheeks blushed as he continued, "in fact, I am your boyfriend!"
These words struck me as a slap
on the face. It was nuts. But before I can complain about it he said, "babe, don't let the shadows of your past darken the doorstep of your future..."
Enough  is enough, I couldn't stand those hypocrite words that crossed my hearing zone.It's impossible I am in love with this ka-kind of thing.c
"This couldn't be true. I don't love you, I don't even know you." I wasn't talking then, I was screaming, screaming as loud as I can hoping  mom could hear. And yeah, my wish came true, seconds passed and the ear splitting footsteps  of mom echoed, as drums do, in my ears. As an impact, you were badly injured, slept in a non limited coma, and then woke up with a memomry loss."
Thousands of thoughts crossed my mind, and millions of feelings landed in my heart.
"This... this can't be true. Even if it really happened, what makes you so sure that I'll believe it?"
"Nothing. I don't even think you'll believe me, but your mother here and I didn't want you to live in a lie. Truth does hurt sometimes, but we should learn to move on and live." And for the first time since I met him, his azure eyes were glistening with sadness and I felt truth lurking within his words.
                   ~~~~~~~~~~
I arrived home at noon. Nothing has changed since I was here last time. Except that my father wouldn't come back anymore. A tear slid down my cheek, but I wiped it hastily.
As soon as we arrived, mom entered the kitchen to cook me a meal, and I went upstairs to my bedroom. It was the same old bedroom I planned my suicide in. Everything in place, neat and tidy. I sat on my bed having nothing in mind except the story of today.
How could it be true? I can believe my father's death and can believe that my brain doesn't want to remember such a thing, but how can I believe I lived five years that I totally forgot? How can I forget my boyfriend? Or the car accident. Yet, nothing explains the cut on my forehead except for the car crash. Plus, why would a guy I've never seen make up a all this. And above all, mom would never lie to me. So it must be true. The story of Austin is true!
"Honey, get down. You need to eat."
"Coming mom!"