Chapter 8

On the beach I saw lights and on the water I saw jet skis. Again it was basically teenagers. There was even a band playing on a stage. Coolers were full of pop and juice and probably some kind of alcohol.

Boys had instantly surrounded Pepsi asking her why she was so pretty and if she was an angel. A few boys came to talk to me but I sent them to Allison. I had someone else on my mind.

“Can I get a hot dog?” I asked a boy giving him a sweet smile.

He instantly asked. “Ketchup or mustered?”

“Get me one too.” I heard a familiar voice and turned around. Matt gave me a warm smile and leaned down to kiss me. I pushed him away and looked at Allison. “She wont notice she’s too busy mingling.” I turned back around to grab my hot dog. Matt grabbed his and started to follow me as I walked down the beach.

“For you it’s less bad if she finds out but for me…it would be a violation of the Girl Code.”

“The Girl Code?” He asked taking a bite of his hot dog.

“Yes, you’re her older brother. She can’t think of you anywhere near a girl let alone her best friend” I said.

“Are you breaking up with me?” He asked.

“What?! No!” I took him by his shirt and pulled him close. “If I was going to break up with you I would have done it as soon as I saw you. And I wouldn’t have walked into the dark woods with you all alone.” He looked around and noticed that we had walked away from the party and into the forest. He smiled and pushed me close to him. I felt my hot dog get squished against his shirt and I laughed. He looked down and groaned.

“This was my favorite shirt and now there is ketchup all over it.”

“Here.” I threw the hot dog on the ground and started to lift off his shirt. “Take this off.” He did and then “accidently” put his hot dog on my shirt. “You got mustard all over my shirt.” I said taking it off. He smiled and threw his hot dog on the ground. I looked up and kissed him. He immediately kissed back and pushed me into a tree. Then lifted me up so I had to wrap my legs around him. He kissed me all around, my lips, cheek, chest, and many more parts. When I looked at him I saw pure want in his eyes.

“Do…do you want to back to the tent?” He asked his breathing hard from being so wound up.

“Lela!” I heard Allison’s voice.

“Lela, where are you?” Pepsi called.

Matt moaned. “Tell them to go away.” 

I laughed and unwrapped my legs. He let me slide down until I was standing again. I picked up is shirt and handed it to him. “Go. Or else they’ll ask what we’re both doing in the woods, at night, with our shirts off.” He sighed. And took his T-shirt. Then he went down the trail behind me. I grabbed my shirt and just as I did Allison turned a corner and saw me.

“What are you- why is your shirt off?”

“Some guy spilled his hot dog on me.” I pushed the hot dogs under some leaves with my foot. “I was trying to get back to camp to get another shirt.

“Oh.” She started to dig through her purse. “Here.” She handed a dark blue t-shirt. “I always bring a spare.” I took it and put it on. It was a tiny bit lose so I used a hair band to tie it back. “I like it. It fits your personality.” Allison said.

“Dark and blue?”

“No lose and tied back all at the same time.” I nodded. We stepped back onto the beach.

“Whoo!!!” We heard some boys running and yelling.

“Idiots.” I said. Pepsi laughed. But the idiots turned and looked at me.