6) Brown Leather Jackets and Tears

Sorry for the long wait, everyone. My play starts this week. Rehearals have been isnane. Everynight till ten. Crazy. ANways, I managed to write all this. I'll try to have a new one up soon.

Hope you like it! Please remember to vote, comment, fan, and share. I really love getting feedback. It makes me know that people enjoy what I'm writing. Thanks so much!!!

I definitely didn't expect for my first night in New York to be spent in a hospital waiting room. Tanner was too busy listening to music and texting to even talk to me. With my books, my ITouch, and my song writing journal at home, I was bored out of my mind.

"Hey what time is it?" I turned to Tanner and rested my head in my hand, suppressing a yawn.

"...Just a little past midnight." He checked his watch and quickly went back to his phone.

I got really annoyed really fast and had to resist the urge to smack the phone right out of his hands. He obviously wasn't a people person.

"Look, I don't know-"

"Group for Jason Phillips?" A nurse appeared in the doorway, holding a clipboard clenched in her right hand.

I raised my hand "That would be us. " Tanner and I leaped up and we followed the nurse as she lead us through the hallways and into Jason's room.

Jason sat in a chair by the bed and had tape on his nose. There was a cotton ball in each of his nostrils and pain relievers in a cup next to him.

"Oh my god, Jason, I'm so, so, so, sorry!" I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. I couldn't believe that I broke his nose. How did I even do that? Now look at him, all tired and in pain.

"Don't worry about it; the chicks will dig me even more now."I laughed and unwrapped my arms from around him.

"Yah, yah, whatever you say."

The next hour or so was a blur as we left the hospital and drove home. I was too tired to listen to anything the guys were saying and I had a lot on my mind.

I hadn't even been in New York for a day and already I was exhausted. Everything moved so quickly. What could happen next?

After I got home last night, all the boys had left. Tanner dropped me at Adam's house and then dropped of Jason at his house. Dahlia packed everyone small suitcases and brought us to her sister, Daphne's house because of the grasshopper infestation.

Aunt Daphne never was a warm aunt. She wasn't selfish and cold like my mom, but she wasn't as sugary and friendly like aunt dahlia either. She was just there.

Daphne never married or had kids. She was a lawyer and was really rich though. Her apartment was huge and had at least three guest rooms, although I don't know why she would need so many.

I was rooming with Adam, Dax was with Teddy, and Aunt Dahlia and Uncle Roger were together. I would have liked not having to room with a guy, but I wasn't going to complain.

I sat in the guest room, strumming my guitar and softly singing to a song I wrote after my breakup with Malcolm. I missed him. I needed to stop lying to myself, saying I didn't need him. When we broke up, I didn't just lose a boyfriend, I lost a best friend, and that stung. It sucked that I couldn't call him right now and tell him about the grasshoppers and breaking Jason's nose. I couldn't Skype with him and show him the awesome view I had from the guest room window, looking out over New York City. The more I thought about him, the louder my singing seemed to get. I couldn't help but start picking faster and pouring my heart into the lyrics that I had just written a little less than a month ago. Malcolm was my everything.