5) Meeting the Boys

Hey guys! Sorry for the extra long wait, so here's an extra long chapter. You guys finally get to meet the band. This chapter weas so fun to write an I'll update soon. Thanks for all the supprt. You guys rock!

Also, the banner so the side is of my fave band member, Gabe Mathews, played by Nicholas Hoult. 

I grimaced as I got off the plane and faced the hundreds of people who were walking through the airport. How was I supposed to find Adam in that crowd? I took out my phone and called him again, but it didn’t work; he didn’t pick up. I decided to get some food and continue calling him at the nearest restaurant.

Dominoes, TGIF, and IHOP. Yep, IHOP it is.

As I drank coffee and nibbled on a chocolate donut, I contemplated how I was going to get to my cousin’s house. My headphones were in and I was listening to “Lovers in Japan”, by Coldplay. Out of pure boredom, I searched of the lead singer, Chris Martin and gasped when the Google page listed him as having two kids, one named Apple, and one named Moses. I burst into fits of hysterical giggles almost immediately. Are these celebrities high when they name their kids? Why would he name his daughter Apple?

I tried to calm my breathing, but I kept picturing Chris calling up the staircase in his house “Apple, it’s time for dinner” or a teacher taking roll-call and shouting “Apple, Apple Martin? Is there an Apple Martin here today?" Tears were streaming down my face and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

I felt a hesitant tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Adam with a wide smile and a sign saying “Cat”. That made me remember the little girl named Apple again and I started giggling like mad. I guess we both have pretty weird names!

“You weren’t answering your phone, but I followed the sound of a d-drunk five year old.”

As a joke, I quirked my eyebrows and looked around frantically, “Where? Her parents must feel so ashamed.”

Adam rolled his eyes and pulled me into a tight hug. Suddenly, Adam called out. “HHHHHeeeeeyyyy, guuuuuys, I f-ffffffound her!!!!!!!” He shouted at the top of his lungs and dragged out each word to let them echo.

In a flash, a group of hot teenage guys came running over to me and it felt like I was in a movie. My breath hitched and I blinked rapidly. My inner cougar (get it, because my name is Cat) felt like purring “Dayum”.

Snap out of it, Cat, they are juniors, only sixteen or seventeen, practically kids. Take deep breaths; don’t let them see how distracted you are. But come on, I’m only eighteen; it’s not like I’m some sexually deprived thirty year old woman. Not that I’m sexually active, me and Malcolm didn’t do any of that yet and—

“Cat, you okay?” Adam looked at me weirdly. Four boys now stood in front of me, each incredibly cute and probably all major ladies’ man.

“Huh, yah. I’m all good-—all good in the hood. Ha, reminds me of the time your car broke down in Texas. That was so funny. We were out there all night…I’m just gonna shut up now. “

One of them was chuckling at my lame answer to Adam’s question and I awkwardly twiddled my thumbs together. See, this is how I get around guys that I’m not comfortable around yet. Lexy would be dying if she saw me right now. I should just bash my skull in right now, end this embarrassment.

Adam shrugged, “Right, well, this guy over here is—“

“Riley, Riley Tate. I play electric bass.” It was the guy who was laughing at me earlier. His ocean blue eyes, which were outlined by long, charcoal eyelashes, stared into my own. And despite the fact that any normal girl would have been completely lost in his magnificently gorgeous eyes and admiring his floppy brown hair, me being a completely crazy spaz, all I could focus on was his James Bond greeting.