3)'Bad News and Cheesecake

Hey, I'm so sorry that I didn't upload on time. Things got really hectic with school work. My teachers are insane and decided to give us tons and tons of homework over break. I've been trying to get it all done early on, but I'm the queen of procrastination. Super sorry, I will do my best to upload on time for the next chapter, pinky swear.

Chad Michael Murray is playing Malcolm, Frankie Muniz is playing Gunther, Victoria Justice is playing Lexy

I will dedicate to the first comment! And the next chapter gets dedicated to the best comment on this chapter!

Thanks for reading, you rock!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Katarina Evangeline Lockhart, what are you doing down there?" Gasps echoes around the table as Gran stood up and firmly placed her hands on her hips.

I looked around wildly, "It's not what you think! Toffee grabbed my shoe and I went under the table to grab it, I-I-I swear!" Why am I still kneeling right in front of his zipper?

Malcolm scooted back and held his hand out for me to take. With a thankful look, I grabbed on as he pulled me up. I brushed the dirt off my dress and accidentally looked directly into the blinding fluorescent lights hanging above us. I blinked rapidly as I suffered from momentary blindness.

I bit my lip and leaned slightly into Malcolm, "Please, please forget what just happened. " I muttered quickly for only him to hear. Knowing Malcolm and his big mouth, this story would be spread around like wild fire to the rest of the population by tomorrow.

He smirked and nodded. Everyone sat back down and continued to eat and talk, laughing at my outright clumsiness.

With a sigh, I trudged around our long table and walked into the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water.

They're probably talking about me. Talking about how clumsy I am. What does Malcolm think of me now? He probably doesn't think about me anymore. But we were together for so long, he has to think about me sometimes...doesn't he?

I hate this. I hate not knowing, not understanding him anymore. What happened to our relationship? Where did that spark go, the magic that made us so perfect. Perfect had so much pressure tied to it, it just made us snap.

I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair as I faced the large mirror that hung over our kitchen sink. I looked frazzled and confused, sort of like a lost puppy. I used to be so sure of myself, but now...I just don't know anymore.

Sighing heavily, I washed my hands in the lukewarm water, drying them afterwards on one of our paisley cotton handkerchiefs. Soon I'll be off in college and won't have to worry about Malcolm anymore. I'll be in New York and he'll be in Michigan.

With a mental push, I strode out of our teal kitchen and into the dining room, another fake smile spreading across my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I ushered everyone out the door, a sincere but exhausted smile on my face. I could hear Todd and Finn running to the front seat, screaming "Shot-gun!" along the way, even though they knew that their mom would sit there.

Lucy, Malcolm's mom thanked me and Gran for the "wonderful meal" again and left, her manicured hand clutching her purse tightly to her side.

Mr. Evans was already in the red mini van, trying to quiet down the two now screeching boys. Malcolm stood behind, his hands casually in his pockets.

I stared out into the night, waiting for him to go, ignoring his presence next to me. Gran waved for the last time and walked back inside, closing our huge egg white door behind her.