4) Goodbye, Georgia. Hello, New York City.

sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. Life has been really stressful and I haven't had time for anything. I've been so stressed and stuff that I got a bad fever. I know, right? School alwats come first and I havent had any time for myself, let alone writing a new chapter. While laying in bed, sick, I managed to squeez a new chapter out. I hope this chapter isn't too boring, it's basically a filler. She'll be meating the band mates next chapter so yay! 

Again, sorry for the two month wait. It feels like it's been forever. I'll hopefull upload really soon, promise. 

“Is-Is this thing working? Cat, can you hear me?” Adam squinted his eyes and moved his head closer to the camera at the top of his laptop.

I nodded my head and pursed my lips, just tired from the long day.  “Adam, I hear you fine, now what’s up?”

He bit his lip and ran his hand through is hair, “Before you respond to anything I’m going to tell you, remember to hear me out, okay?” For the second time I nodded, agreeing immediately. Adam continued talking, “You know how I’m in a band, right?”

Again, I nodded, this time motioning with my hand for him to go on.

“Well, we entered this huge battle of the bands contest that has been going on for two months and will end next month. So far it’s been good, people like our music.” Adam stopped to think over how to say the next part. “…But they don’t seem to really like us.”

This time I actually responded, “What? Why? Your one of the greatest guys I know.”

Adam smiled back at me through the screen and shook his head, “That’s the thing, Cat. We aren’t cool enough. The other bands wear leather jackets, play in bars, and ride motor cycles. They’re pretty hard core. My band is full of high schoolers, we don’t have the same experience or charm. “

Understandingly, I winced, “Yikes, sorry, Adam. So what do I have to do with all of this?”

“Well, You’ve always been pretty good with people, you know a lot about music and getting shows. I’ve seen videos of you playing your guitar at parties before since you were on YouTube-

“Adam, that was so embarrassing. Please don’t bring up my YouTube channel again.” I yawned and rubbed at my eyes, looking longingly at my blanket.

“Why?” Adam slightly coked his head to the side. “You were so popular. You even got on the Ellen show for that video of you in the talent show. It got over two million views, didn’t it?”

I groaned, “Adam seriously, that was two years ago and I was famous because it was my own song. Also, I tripped on the Ellen stage and got knocked out, so that didn’t exactly end out well, did it?”

“Anyways, Cat, please, please, please help us out. All I want from you is to become our manager, for the next month at most. You’d control our concerts, get us interviews, maybe get a photo shoot—just make us famous. Please, Cat. I really need you; real managers won’t do it because we can’t pay them right now and we need one.”

I started to process everything all at once. Me, a manager, of a band? Is he joking? This is a prank or something right? He can’t be serious; I could barely lead the chorus club when our teacher was out sick!

Finally after weighing things over I pursed my lips, “What’s in it for me, huh?”

Adam scratched his nose and blurted out, “My love and friendship as your awesome cousin?”

Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. “Nope, try again.”

He leaned back in his chair, thinking furiously, “Thirty dollars, free food, and an article to write about to land that internship for that magazine you were talking about.”