Everythings Changing

I ended up telling the doctors everything. All about the earthquake, the orphanage, and the  abuse.

Luke and Kurt stayed with me through it all. Kurt obviously knew about it already but Luke didn’t and you could tell he was horrified by it all.

By the time I was done, tears were streaming down my face I was being hugged by both of them. The doctor was giving me looks of astonishment and sympathy as he patted my back.

“Claire.” He started, looking at me seriously. “You need to decide what you want to do.”

I looked at him confused so he continued.

“We can’t allow any of the kids to stay at the orphanage any longer and Ms. Denerson will be sent to jail for quite a while. The other kids will probably be sent to another foster home or may have to move to a different town to be in another orphanage. But since you don’t have that long to go until your eighteen, you have some options.”

“You can decide to go live in a foster home or another orphanage, but we can’t guarantee that you will be with your sister. Or, if you have a friend who is willing, we can allow you and your sister to go live with them until you are old enough to live on your own.”

I stared at him, shocked.

Kurt’s grip on my tightened, as did Luke’s and I looked up at them.

“Brenda may…” Luke started but I cut him off.

“Brenda isn’t an option. He parents are in a ruff situation already and I don’t want to put more trouble on their shoulders.”

“Well, I wish I could take you in but you know how big my family is…”

“I know Luke, I wouldn’t never ask that of you and your family.”

Kurt, who was silent  though all of this, spoke up now. “How about you guys stay at my place?”

I stared at him dumbfounded and he continued.

“My family isn’t that big but we have a pretty big house with multiple spare rooms. I’m sure my mother would love to have another girl in the house as she is the only female there.  I could call her up right now and ask her!”

“Claire, are you okay with that?” the doctor asked me. I nodded weakly, still trying to process all of this happening at once.

“I’m going to go tell Sophie.” I said, standing up and making my way to the door. Luke and Kurt got up to go with me but I told them to stay there and that I wanted to go alone. They sat back down and I left the room.

Walking down the hallway I go to thinking.

Everything is happening so fast. There are going to be no more beatings, no more having to keep a first-aid kit under our dresser. No more having to drive all the kids to school everyday!

I would finally get to live  a remotely normal life with less worries and responsibilities Sophie and I can live peacefully!

To be honest, it was a scary thought. But, that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t looking forward to it.

(A/N) Ok , I know it wasn't very long but I seriously just needed to end this thing! Finally it's done! I'm sooo happy! Don't worry, there shall be a sequel to MSWL featuring her new life with... you know who!

Thanks so much for reading this far! It REALLY means a lot to me!

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN