Terrifing Sight

• Dedicated to In memory of Homer, the best dog ever!

Sadly, Ms. Denerson appeared  to have already been in the orphanage and done her daily works. Though, it seemed that she had already finished and left. Hopefully she wouldn’t be back again today.

“Mitch? Sophie? Where are you?” I called, walking down the main hallway and into the ‘living room’.

I gasped and ran over to them. Both were lying unconscious on the ground by the fireplace. There was a pool of dark scarlet blood underneath and surrounding them.

They were covered in scratched, bruises, and what looked like to be burns.

I rushed over the phone on the tea table and dialed 911.

After telling them where we were and what the situation was, I ran up into mine and Sophie’s bedroom and slid the First-aid kit out from under our wardrobe.

I couldn’t help but think A kid should not have to keep a well-used first-aid kit hidden in their room. Which was very, very true.

Running back downstairs I started to disinfect and bandage as many of the scratches as I could. After finishing that, I started looking for where the pool of blood was coming from.

Mitch seemed to have been stabbed in his thigh and was loosing blood quickly. Sophie had been stabbed multiple times in the arm. I wrapped them both up the best I could and when I was finished, ! heard sirens ringing from outside the orphanage.

They were both taken away in stretchers, me in the middle of them, holding each of their hands and whispering comforting words over and over again.

I sat in a hospital chair alone, waiting, while Mitch and Sophie were in the ER.

I had called Brenda earlier and told her about what had happened. She told me she could look after the rest of the kids in the orphanage while I was gone and I gratefully took her up on it.

I heard footsteps running toward me and looked up to see Luke.

“Claire!” he called, rushing up to me. “What happened? Brenda called me a few minutes ago, telling me that two of the kids were in the hospital and that you were waiting here for them.” He looked at my face again. “Are you ok?”

I nodded, tears streaming down y cheeks and landing on my balled up hands.

If I hadn’t been with Kurt, worrying about myself, this never would have happened. Mitch and Sophie wouldn’t have been stabbed and we wouldn’t be waiting in the hospital, praying to god that they were alright. I shouldn’t have been only thinking of myself! This was all my fault!

A familiar voice called to me from further down the hallway.

“Claire! Are you alright?” Kurt asked, dashing towards me and taking me up into his arms. This was the second time we had been like this today.

Luke stared as us, most likely wondering what had happened between us to make us so close and wishing for an explanation.

“Did it happen again? Are you hurt?” he asked again worriedly.

“Not me.” I said shaking my head. “Mitch and Sophie.” I choked on the last word and another retching sob broke out of me.

He hugged me tighter and we sat like that for a while. He only let me go when the doctor came out to talk to me.

“Ms. Claire?” he called, walking out of the ‘doctors only’ room.

I stood up and walked over to him. “That’s me.” I choked out. The doctor led me into a room where another doctor sat.

“Will you please take a seat?” he said, gesturing towards a chair on the opposite side of the desk.

I nodded and sat down. Luke sat down in the chair next to me, taking one of my hands in his. Kurt stood behind me, his hands resting on my shoulders.

 “How are they?” I asked, my voice still wavering.

He sighed.

“They are going to be fine. The wounds weren’t that deep and neither of them were bruised up too badly.”

I let out a breath that I hadn’t noticed I was holding.

“But,” he continued, meeting my eyes. “would you mind telling me exactly what happened to them. We tried to ask them but they told us to ask you.”

“Um, well…” I hesitated.

“They also said to tell you ‘It’s time to tell the truth.’ Mind telling me what that means?” he pushed.

‘It’s time to tell the truth.’ What was that supposed to mean? The want me to tall the doctors everything?! I made a split second decision and took a deep breath.

“Ok.” I started and felt Kurt’s hands squeeze my shoulders.

“Sophie and I were in my room…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I know it's been a while since I have actually talked to you guys but I have some things to share. See, I'm thinking of ending MSWL. Well actually, I would end this book and then carry it on to a series in one other book a while from now. I just feel like the end is coming up, especially after this chapter. I have my ideas and I just need to know where to put them. So I have a question for you! Do you want me to...

a.) End the story and make a second book later. or...

b.)keep it all in one book and have a really weird life switch in the middle?

No, this is not the last chapter for those who are wondering, I think maybe one or two more chapters if you say A.

Thanks for the help!