Chapter Two

I made it to my favorite place in the woods. I stripped off my clothing and let the change happen.

The change was fast and painless and I was ever so grateful for that.   I was thrilled to be in my wolf form - everything was 100 times more enhanced compared to a human. There wasn’t anything like it. I relished in the thrill of feeling the soft earth beneath my paws, the brisk air caress my fur like a lover, and the sweet smell of trees bombarding my nose. I adored it. No matter how many times I did it, I was always enthralled with the night. I needed to stretch my limbs and I thought running for a while would help and that’s exactly what I did.

I ran and ran when I smelled a cottontail rabbit in a nearby bush. It hadn’t detected me yet and just the thought of making it my first meal had my mouth watering. I crouched waiting for it to come out of the bush and that’s when I pounced.

That’s what good about these woods. They had an abundant food supply for a hungry wolf such as yours truly.

After three hours of luxuriating in what the night has to offer I reluctantly headed back to where my clothes were and shifted back to human. I checked my phone and saw I had a text from Mom, asking when I was getting home and I replied saying in half and hour.

True to my word I got home in twenty minutes and headed up to my room. I was in great need of a shower and some shut eye. I loved my night under the moon, running with no restrictions whatsoever, sure they wore me out, but every bit of it was worth it. This month’s full moon, the Blood Moon, held a special meaning for me. It symbolized that two years ago, on this same night, I had been bitten. I smirked and lay down on my bed halfway with my legs on the floor. I had managed two years, on my own, without harming anyone and that made me so happy I felt I could jump up on the roof! Which I can already do, but you get point.

I jumped up from my bed and went to take my shower. I turned on the water on and got in the hot stream. Blissful and oh so ever relaxing. Mostly I take a shower to wash all the grime and sweat of me, and it’s an added bonus that provides me with relaxation. I stepped out after a long shower and completed my other necessities as well. I walked into my room and got dressed into some leggings and a hoodie, and I was getting ready to go bed. I could hear my bed calling my name. I walked over to it and got into the covers and dozed off as soon as my head hit the pillow.