Chapter 21

A/n: lol sorry if I just updated. I may or may have not died and i just resurrected from death bc I met all time low and yes I met jack barakat and yes we took a selfie. Omg anyways, enjoy!

I CAME BARGING in the day care.

"Mr. Hemmings we-"

"Where is he?"

"He's-"

"I said where is he?"

"Mr. Hemmings, please calm down! He's safe and I need you to calm down first before we take you to see him."

"I'm calm..I'm calm." I managed to say in between breathes.

The teacher aid led me towards a classroom where I can see the top of my son's head. He was sitting on one of the small chairs, hands on the desk his legs dangling and swinging back and forth, his head bowed down, staring at his thumbs like it was the most important and fascinating thing in the world.

"Grayson!" I mumbled as I stride towards my son, enveloping him into a bear hug.

"Daddy-" He sniffles.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here. Don't worry, shh stop crying-" I sighed as I kiss the top of his head as I felt him shaking.

My eyes darted towards the lady who led me towards this room. "Tell em what happened-" I demanded.

"I'm sorry but there was a man claiming that he was your brother and was trying to fetch your son." She explained.

"He said he was my wuncle-" Grayson tried explaining.

"We didn't trust him, so we didn't give them your son-"

"Them?" I furrowed my brows.

"He was with a woman, about your age."

"What happened next?" I asked again.

"Like I said, we didn't give him your son. Seeing that there are only two people in your son's guardian's list. You and Miss Shane Finnegan. It was against our policy to just hand any child from our care to whoever is claiming them. We didn't want any accident. So, I explained it to him that he wasn't on the guardian's list and he started causing a scene. We had to escort him out with the help of the police."

"Did he tell you his name?"

"He didn't. That's why its more of a reason why we didn't give Grayson to him like they demanded."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much." I nodded my head towards her and gave her a genuine smile.

"Did they hurt you, baby?" I pulled away from my son only to see hi facial expression.

He shook his head. "I want to go wome with Shaney." He mumbled, his eyes drooping.

I nodded in agreement as I carry him.

"Thank you so much..." I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Hailey-" She smiles.

"Thank you, Hailey. I hope when something like this happens again..you call me right away. Its a good decision you didn't give my son to them." I patter her shoulder.