Chapter 17

I WOKE UP in the middle of the night, gasping for air.

My phone suddenly started ringing loudly and I jumped.

"Hello?" I asked, hearing only eerie silence on the other line.

I immediately hanged up.

Its been weeks since this random calls started. Whoever is calling me doesn't pick any time of the day, my phone would just randomly ring at a random time no matter what I do it just keeps on ringing.

I tried ignoring it or even changing my number but whoever it is would find away to just annoy the living shit in me.

I sighed, there's no way I am getting any sleep now.

I rolloed out of bed and made my way to the kitchen. Its only 4:13AM and I stood there with my bare feet against the cold tiled floor, warm orange juice in hand.

"Shane? What are you doing up?" A raspy groggy voice suddenly spoke causing me a bit of a fright.

"I uh..was thirsty?" I exclaimed but sounded more like I was asking, like I'm unsure.."What about you?" I asked as he cones closer, his sweatpants hanging low and his shirt all crumpled up, hair disheveled and he still looks so sleepy.

"I heard some noises so I went to check it out. Thought someone came in..you know? But, it was only you-"

"Sorry if I woke u up-" I muttered immediately.

"No, don't worry. Its okay I was just about to wake any minute now to prepare for work." He yawned and grabbed himself a glass of the warm liquid.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath before exhaling it.

"Please tell me why you're really awake?" Luke suddenly spoke. "I know you're lying and that something is really bothering you-"

"Listen, its nothing. I promise."

"Shane, you know you can tell me anything-"

"Luke, I promise. I just had a bad dream..s'all"

"But I thought big girls don't get bad dreams?" He teased.

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes as I bumped my shoulder against his playfully.

The rest of the morning came quick and soon enough the three of us made our way out of the apartment to start our usual day.

LUKE

I WAS JUST about to get off work when I was violently stopped.

"Well, well, well..if it isn't it the Luke Hemmings everyone has been talking about-" A guy, no older than me exclaimed, two guys were pinning me against the wall and I couldn't escape their grip no matter how hard I fight back.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Who are you?!" I spat back.

"The question is..who do you owe!" He retorted.

"I don't owe anyone anything!" I tried pulling away from the ones holding me back.

"Does a Riley Hale sounds familiar to you?"

SHANE

MY FEET ARE heavy against the ground as I walk out of the car and into the flat.

I turned the knob of my apartment door but it wouldn't open. I knocked a few times and no one answered.

Is Luke still not home yet?

Thoughts crossed inside my mind. I grabbed my spare key from my purse and before I could even fit the thing in my keyhole the door opened.

"Gray?" I asked, "Are you home alone? Where's daddy?" I carried the little boy in my arms and saw that he pulled one of the bar stools to stood at just to unlock the door. I closed the door behind us and sat Grayson on the couch.