Chapter 6 - We Meet Again

Niall Horan

I closed my eyes, letting the jets of water from the shower penetrate my skin as I hummed the tune of More Than This. Not that I'm in love or anything. I just always liked the tune of that song.

I stepped out of the shower, steam billowing around me.

"You know, I really am taking an interest in that Aly." Louis suddenly said, appearing on the doorway.

"What?" I said, still a little bit shaken from surprise.

"You heard me." He said, then walking away.

I dressed myself as quickly as possible, not caring what I looked like. We weren't going anywhere anyway.

"Louis, what are you on about?" I said as I walked towards him, confusion clear in my face.

"Oh, you know. That Aly. She texted you, you know. Clearly, she isn't a fan. She doesn't even know your surname." He answered, waving me off.

"Really? Interesting." Zayn suddenly appeared.

"Where do you guys come from? And why do you keep appearing out of thin air? It's creeping me out!" I said.

"What? I don't appear out of thin air. Anyway, Nialler, describe her, will you?"

"Well," I started, trying to remember her clearly, "She's got long, brownish hair and dark eyes, and she's a bit shorter than me, and she's got that kind look about her. She-" I got cut off by Zayn waving his hand.

"Spare us the unimportant bits, Nialler. Is she hot?" Zayn said, smirking.

I narrowed my eyes at them. "Now you're getting all pervy on her. And how is that unimportant?"

"Just answer the question!" Harry suddenly hissed, appearing behind me.

"How long have you been there?"

"Niall.." Zayn started.

"Alright, alright. Erm...maybe?"

"That's good enough for me." Zayn said.

"Hey. Stop that. She deserves to be respected."

"Oooh, getting protective, are we?" They teased.

"Of course I'm getting protective. She's my friend, and you're disrespecting her."

"Hmmm...friend, huh?" Zayn said, looking at Louis like some understanding had passed between them.

"Yes. Friend. What are you on about?"

"Friend...and she's a girl, right?" Louis said.

"No shit, Einstein." I rolled my eyes.

"So...she's your girlfriend?" They said simultaneously, wiggling their eyebrows.

Honestly, I don't know how I've survived living with these.

"Oh, Nialler? Have you got something to tell us?" Liam said, suddenly appearing, raising an eyebrow.

"Where did you come from?" I almost shouted, surprised.

"Your room." He stated with a serious face.

"What were you doing in my room, Liam?" I said, trying to change the topic. I knew what he was talking about.

"I was looking for my phone, which happens to be in Louis' hands right now." He said, staring pointedly at Louis who was obviously holding back laughter.

"And don't change the topic. You have something to tell us." He quickly added.

"I have?" Okay, play it innocent.