Chapter 1 - What Is A One Direction?

Aly Taylor

"Oh my god, Aly! Look!" Claire squealed as we looked around London, our first stop for our European tour.

"Claire, you've said that for, like, the gajillionth time now. And I am looking around."

"No, Aly, you aren't. Because if you are, you would've noticed that guy near the fountain."

"So we're boy hunting now, are we?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"It's kinda creepy, really. He's staring at you."

I started to slowly turned my head around, when Claire suddenly held my hand and pulled me away.

"You don't look at the people you're talking about, Aly, because that's when they know you're talking about them." She told me sternly.

"Okay, okay. What's the big deal anyway? That guy doesn't even know us."

"I just got this weird feeling when I saw him. Like he's planning something sinister. And I wouldn't be able to do something about it."

"Sinister? You're weird today, you know that? Maybe you're just tired."

"Maybe."

"C'mon, let's go back to the hotel."

~~♥~~

When we got back, I figured I could go watch tv while Claire rested, since I am still feeling pretty hyped up, and I got nothing to do.

"-One Direction arriving in London today-" I heard a news reporter as I flicked around channels. I was about to change the channel, when something caught my eye. Maybe it was more of a somebody. But those blue eyes. I couldn't forget those. And I've ben thinking about him ever since we arrived, which was less that twenty-four hours ago, I think. I figured that maybe he's a part of a local band or something. I promised myself to find out more later, but right now, I'm not really in the mood to go reasearch about someone, so I just settled on a movie. Later on, I just fell asleep.

~~♥~~

"Aly! Aly! Wake up!"

"Leave me alone!" I said sleepily.

"Aly! Wake up!"

I just turned around and hid beneath my pillows.

"Aly!"

"Just because you already had some rest, you can disturb mine too, you know!" I almost shouted, getting up.

"Gee, Aly, I was only trying to wake you up. I wasn't looking for any fight against you."

"And why, may I ask, were you waking me up?"

"Because, I just heard that One Direction is in London!" she squealed.

"Yeah, I heard. It was in the news. What is a One Direction?" I asked, confused.

"Oh my god, you have not lived! Have you been living under a rock for the past year?"

"Just tell me, will you?"

"Oh, all right. One Direction is an internationally famous British-Irish boyband, composed of Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and, sigh, Harry Styles."

"And I suppose you're all over this Harry Styles?"

"Gee, Aly, how'd you know?" she said sarcastically.

We looked at each other and started laughing. Then, she showed me a picture of this Harry Styles. Well, he is kinda cute. But he's not my type.

"So?" Claire said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What?" I said, confused.

"What do you think of him?"

"Oh...he's...all right..."

"Wait till you see his other bandmates!" she shouted, as I made my way to the shower.

~~♥~~

"Will you hurry up?" I shouted at Claire. "Honestly, Claire, you look fine. You don't need to spend so much time fixing your appearance, we're just having a walk around, for godsakes!" She is way too obsessed. I, on the other hand, just went for a simple, laid-back look, wearing a simple floral sleeveless blouse and a white cardigan, since it's a bit chilly, paired with denim shorts and sneakers and a beanie with almost no make-up. It's much more comfortable for me than those heels Claire plans to wear.

"What if we suddenly meet One Direction? What if we get to talk to them? Do you think I'd allow myself to look ragged in front of them?!"

"Calm down, geez, how come you've only started obsessing over them and you're like that? What are the chances of us meeting them here anyway? One out of a million?"

"It pays to be prepared, you know. And I've been a fan of them long ago. I just don't mention it because I know you wouldn't listen. I just thought you wouldn't like boybands like them."

"Well, you could've told me."

"Ah, so you're interested now? I see..."

"I am most definitely not."

"In denial..." She sang.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Well come on then. I thought you want me to hurry up?"

"Oh...yeah..."

We got to walk around, taking pictures of everything, and try out everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. We even went to this cute little cafe and took pictures of everything.

We were on our way back to the hotel, carrying coffees from that cafe, when I slipped on some ice on the asphalt. Luckily, somebody, Claire, I think, caught me.

"You should be more careful, love."

That was definitely not Claire.

I looked up to see a cheeky, but handsome, smiling face above me, the only thing preventing what was supposed to be a humiliating fall.

"Oh, erm...thanks, I will. I guess..." I said, trying to stand, leaning on him even more. He supported my elbow and helped me stand up.

"See you around, love!" He said, waving cheerily while walking away. I just waved at him, smiling.

"Oh. My. God. Aly! That was Louis Tomlinson!" She squealed.

"Louis Tomo-what?" She said it so fast I didn't even catch his last name.

"Louis Tomlinson," she said, stressing each syllable, "One-fifths of your much-hated boyband, One Direction?"

"I don't hate that band, I just-wait, he's part of that? He seems nice though."

"Oooh, having second thoughts about One Direction now, are we?"

"Shut up, Claire."

"I still can't believe that was him. See, I told you we'd meet one of them. I told you!"

"Fine, fine! You were right. Just shut up, okay?"

"Pissed already, Aly?" She said, laughing.

I just glared at her.

=====

So, chapter one posted! :)

Vote and comment! xx

Leil <3