On The Other Side

I was never known for staying in one place for so long. And I mean that literally and emotionally. I travel a lot. Ever since I finished high school, I've been going all over the world. But now, I've decided to make one last tour. I mean, I can't kep traveling forever, can I? So, one last tour in Europe. This time, I'm not going alone. My best friend will be coming with me. This is not the first time, though. She came with me on my first out-of-the-country trip and several trips after that, and I felt it only right that she comes with me on my last.

"Aly, you ready to go? Claire's already here," my mom said as she poked her head in my room.

Right now, I'm in my room, and I just finished packing. 

"Yeah, be right there."

I ran down the stairs, ruffling my hair as I sneek a peek to see if Claire's really there.

"Oh, hey. Where's your luggage?"

"It's upstairs. Mind helping me with it?"

"Why don't you just ask your brother? Knowing you, you probably packed more things than necessary."

I chuckled, shaking my head as I turned around to go upstairs to get my brother to help me.

"Bryan, open up!" I said, knocking on his door for the nth time.

"Bryan! Please, I don't want to be late for my flight!"

"Then why do you pack so many things? You could've gotten there earlier if you had a smaller bag."

He said as he opened his door.

"It's a European tour. We're going to be away for three weeks. What do you expect?"

"I expect you to be less lazier in washing your clothes."

"Oh, c'mon, Bry. Cut me some slack. This is my last trip."

"If I have to wait any longer, I'd leave you here and go to Europe alone." Claire said, suddenly appearing behind me.

"But you wouldn't do that because I know for a fact that you cannot manage being alone." 

She just rolled her eyes.

"Just hurry up, will you? Europe is waiting for me."

"Us." I corrected her.

"Oh. Yeah. Us." She laughed.

"Oh, you're going to Europe?" Bryan asked.

"Like, duh? Where have you been for the last two months?" I said, wondering how the hell can he not know where we are going. We spent two months preparing for this!

"I guess I've been too busy."

"Uh, hello? It's almost ten. We have to been there in, like, ten minutes."

"Oh, crap. Come on, Bryan, help me with my luggage."

When they  entered my room, their jaws dropped.

"Are you serious, Aly?" 

"You're bringing these?"

"This is-"

"-too much."

They said, finishing each other's thoughts.

"Yes, Captain Obvious. Do I look like I'm kidding? Now, don't we have a plane to catch?"

That got them moving.

~~♥~~

"Oh my God, Aly! How the hell did you manage to travel alone all this time with all this luggage?" Claire complained as we lugged all my bags towards the check-in counter. 

"Well, how the hell did you manage to fit all the clothes and extra things you need for our three-week trip in that small suitcase?"

"Small? This suitcase is many things, but small is definitely not one of it. And I have my backback for extra things."

"Yeah, right. Let's just get on the plane."

We already said our goodbyes at home, to save the drama.

~~♥~~

Most plane travels, I just sleep or read a good book, but this is not like most plane travels, and I plan to make it really special, even if it is just a plane travel. 

"Hey, Claire, smile!" I said as I snapped a photo of her, just like what I've been doing for the past fifteen minutes.

"Why do you make such a fuss, Aly? We haven't arrived in out destination yet, and I reckon we won't for a couple of hours. Why don't you just take a nap or do something worthwhile?"

"I am doing something worthwhile. I'm taking pictures."

"Uggh." She said and turned, facing away from me. Still determined to take every moment, I just decided to snap photos of the landscape outside. Luckily, I have the window seat.

I was busy browsing through my pictures in my camera when a boy in a picture caught my eye. It was only then that I realized that he was included in most of my pictures. I tried to look for him, scanning every passenger in the plane, making a trip to the loo an excuse, but I couldn't find him. Somehow, he had disappeared. While I was on my way back to my seat, I tripped over some guy who sat on the floor, shoulders hunched, probably tying up his shoelaces or something.

"Uh...erm, sorry. I didn't see you were there."

"Oh, that's quite alright. I didn't see you coming. I'm sorry, too."

I could've stayed there forever, mesmerized by his gorgeous blue eyes if my phone hadn't rang. I checked the screen. Bryan. Great. 

"I guess I'll see you around, then?" 

"I guess so." I said as the boy waved goodbye.

"Wow, what great timing you have, Bryan." I said, inching my phone closer to my ear so I can hear him more clearly.

"What? Did I interrupt something?"

"No, nothing at all." I said as sarcastic as possible.

"Oh, no need to be sarcastic."

"Why did you call anyway?"

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to miss you. And I love you. That's all."

 The next thing I knew, he hung up. I just rolled my eyes and got back to my seat.

"What was that?" Claire asked me, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What?"

"That."

"What "that"? That on the phone or that on the aisle?" 

"Both."

"Oh. Bryan called me. He said he missed me and he loves me. Then he hung up."

"And that on the aisle?"

"Oh, that was nothing. I just tripped over this guy who was probably tying up shoelaces or something on the way back here."

"And?" She said, with a smirk forming around her lips.

"What?"

"You're blushing."

"I am."

"No. I just said that."

"No need to be sarcastic. Well, he is cute."

"Really? Describe him."

"Hmm," I said, remembering what had happened a few minutes ago,"He has blonde hair, average height, and these mesmerizing blue eyes."

"Ooohh, did you ask his name?"

"Unfortunately, that was the time Bryan chose to call me."

"Oh. Maybe you'll see him later."

"Maybe."

=====

So, this is the first chapter. What do you think? :)

Comment below, and don't forget to vote! <3