Chapter 3 - Don't Say Goodbye

Aly Taylor

Okay, so some strange-but cute-boy that I just met gave me his number. What's the big deal, right?

Wrong.

Little did I know that this encounter will be the first of many. Well, the second anyway.

That night, after I left shortly after Niall did, not wanting to be all alone. When I arrived at our hotel room, Claire was spread-eagled on the bed, which means that I'd either have to wake her up or sleep on the couch.

"Claire, move over. I'm tired and I want to sleep."

Thankfully, she is a light sleeper like me. She opened her eyes slowly, squinting through the bright lights.

"Hey, Aly. How was your night?" She said, using her hand to shield her eyes from the light.

"Fine, I guess. I met the same guy that I tripped over on the plane. We talked for a while. Then he gave me his number before he left."

That made her sit up.

"Really? What did he say? What did you say? How did you two meet? Why did he give you his number?"

"I accidentally hit him. That's how we met. I got bored reading so I chucked the book. Unfortunately, It landed on his head. So, when he gave me back my book, he also introduced himself. Talking for a while might even be an overstatement. Someone called him, then before he left, he gave me his number. He said that it's not everyday he meets someone like me. What's that even suppose to mean?"

"Describe him again, will you?" she said, obviously supressing what might be a smile. Or a smirk.

"Average height, almost tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, muscled..." I trailed off.

"Sounds like your usual sweetheart," she laughed. "Okay, where do you think he is from?"

"How should I know?"

"From his accent. Duh. " she said, like I was supposed to know that.

"I don't know. I haven't really paid attention to how he speaks."

"You're so unobservative, you know that?"

"You talk like you are."

"Well, I am."

"You're such a liar. Get back to bed, will you?" 

She just stuck her tongue at me. I laughed. We often have serious conversations like this turned into banters.

~~♥~~

A smell of coffee woke me up. I trudged to the kitchen, still sleepy. I made myself a cup of tea, and I instantly feel alive after my first sip. I'm not a big fan of coffee. I just like a cup of tea better.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Claire said as she walked towards me.

"Where d'ya come from?"

"The balcony. I had my breakfast there."

"Did you get me some?"

"Sure. It's in the frid-ge-rator. Fi-ridge-a-rator. Refrisge-a-freet-a-rator. Fridge."

I laughed at her struggle just to say the word "refridgerator".

"I didn't know you couldn't say refridgerator."

"I didn't either."

~~♥~~

By midday, we were back in the hotel and packing our bags, getting ready for Italy.