The Rock Show: Part 4

Last part! For the love of puppies and guppies, tell me what ya think?

Comment/ Vote/ Bake a cake

**************************************************************************************************************************

I come back finding her totally at ease, picking at a small plate of real fruit and I mentally remind myself to thank the guys later. Her face lights up when she sees me approaching her again and she takes me outstretched hand. "Come on, let's take a look around the venue; it's hot and gross in here," I say shoving past a particularly large man. How do half these people get backstage anyway?

We walk out onto the now darkened stage, still holding hands and she runs right up to the microphone and holds it in front of her mouth. "Hello New York! I'm Diana Diamond and I..." she trails off and glances over at me watching her from the side of the stage in awe of her beauty, magnified in the spotlight that still shone center stage. I take in her dark tight jeans that match her eyes and her white tank top. Breathtaking. She sucks in a breath and whispers into the mic, "feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now." She places the mic back in the stand and looks down, probably blushing. Suddenly she looks up at me before I could respond to what she said, "What does it feel like being here on stage when you have hundreds of people out there, everyone screaming for you and your band?"

"Exhilarating. Like nothing else in the world," I smile softly. "And hey, not everyone is screaming. You weren't."

"Oh so you really did notice me?"

"What, you thought I was lying?" I ask her in mock hurt.

"Not lying, more like..." she trails off and picks up the microphone again, this time she turns to face the 'audience' and looks right toward the spot where she was standing during the show.

I can't help but quietly walk toward center stage and stand behind her. I don't know what comes over me but I begin to sing, "What was once ours soon became no one's; I lost your trail as well as my stolen heart..."

She turns toward me and gazes into my eyes again just like earlier that night when I sang the same words. Hesitantly at first, she stands on her tip toes and kisses my cheek. I feel my pulse quicken as our gaze remains locked on each other and I bend down and brush her lips softly with mine.

Max's words start flooding into mind again about Allison. True, I never had looked at anyone the same way and true, I barely know this girl, but there is something about her... She's different. Just like Allison but in a whole new way. Her beauty alone strikes me to the ground externally and internally; I could see her innocent sweetness but with a fiery passion inside her. I cant help but chuckle at my own choice of words to describe this amazing girl in front of me.

"What's so funny?" she blushes.

"Nothing. I'm just really corny sometimes," I shake my head.

"That's the song writer in you coming out." She suddenly reached her hand up and pulls my face down to meet her lips again. She tastes like watermelon and happiness. After singing 'Lost Heart' a few too many times, I had forgotten what feeling complete was like. Diana. Diana makes me feel complete.