The Rock Show: Part 2

Sorry if the breaks between parts are at weird spots, I wrote it without intending to put breaks but it's too long for wattpad in one thing... Thanks for reading!

Comment! Vote! Dance in circles!

**************************************************************************************************************************

"Which one?" Max, our bassist, suddenly appears beside me and scans the crowd.

"Dude, I don't know what you're talking about," I say with a weak punch to his right shoulder.

"I've seen that look on your face only once before and it was with Allison. No way you're gonna play dumb with me, bro." Max punches me back.

My heart sinks for a minute at the sound of Allison's name but I try to shrug it off. Allison- the girl that got away. Every lead singer of every famous band has one- how else would they get half the inspiration they do for song writing? At least that's my tactic. "Whatever, she left anyway," I sigh, thinking I've just lost another one.

"Aw, don't worry man. It's just another groupie chick at just another show. I'm sure you'll find one at our next stop." He says, trying to help but doing the exact opposite. "Hey," he continues, "it's not like you actually knew her, I mean you just saw her for a minute..."

Yeah. He's right. Why am I getting all strung up over some girl I just happened to make eye contact with for a second? It's not like I'll never see a pretty girl again; it's almost too easy to get pretty girls, especially at our shows.

"Oh hey, Chase, I found a new one for you already. Don't look now, but the blonde chick with the feather earrings is talking to security," Max nudges me a bit and does a kissy face.

Wait. Blonde with feather earrings...? I whip my head toward where security is standing and sure enough, there she is! "Max! That's her! That's my girl!" I shove past him and shimmy my way through the crowded backstage, ignoring the crew congratulating us on such a *fabulous* show and come up behind Troy, the burly security guard I had met before our set.

"Hey Troy," I say casually then glance over at the girl. "What's going on here?" God, I really hope I'm not being obvious.

"Hey Chase," Troy nodded. "Nothing really, just this girl- Diana did you say it was?- wanted to get backstage but I told her-"

"She is definitely welcome backstage," I say quickly. So much for not being obvious.

Troy looks at me for a few seconds then shrugs, "Alright, but if you need anything you just give me a holler," he says as he steps aside to let her- Diana- get past him.

"Sure thing, buddy." I nod at him then motion for Diana to follow me. Once we're past Troy I turn to her, "Uh hey, I'm Chase." I hold out my hand for her to shake. Oh wow that was stupid, she probably knows my name already...

"Hi Chase, my name's Diana. It's, um, really nice to meet you. I love Fragile Stones," she grins at me while grasping my hand in hers. Too soon though, she lets go. Standing closer to her now I could see her eyes are a deep navy blue.

"Thanks! Did you enjoy the show tonight?" Oh god, I hope she doesn't think I'm only interested in myself and the band, talking about the show.

"Yeah, it was great, thanks for the pick by the way," she smiles and my gut does that squirm thing again. She has a beautiful smile.

"Oh no problem! I noticed you in the crowd and it looked like you were having a good time so I thought you might enjoy it to keep, you know?" I smile back at her. "So did you come alone tonight?" I wonder, hoping her answer is yes.