The Rock Show: Part 1

This is a short one- I was kind of inspired by the song 'The Rock Show' by Blink 182. The rest was all my own concert fantasies just from a different perspective. Lemme know what you think?

Comment/ Vote:)

**************************************************************************************************************************

The adrenaline pumping through my veins is enough to keep myself going for the rest of the night despite the sweat pouring down my face and the massive headache I'd learned to ignore due to the echoes of my own voice and screams from everyone around me. This is what I live for. The music, the rush, knowing I made at least one person in the crowd's night.

I nod once at Kevin to start off our final song of the night on the drums and shut my eyes as I begin to sing the opening verse of 'Lost Heart.' Slowly looking up, I try to find a cute girl in the audience and hold her gaze as I sing the lyrics, "What was once ours soon became no one's; I lost your trail as well as my stolen heart..."

And on to the next girl... Woah. Suddenly I'm staring at the most gorgeous girl I ever saw and this time I can't even look away even if I want to. She stands out from everyone else, not screaming about wanting my babies or holding any sign with marriage proposals. She just stands there, watching me with her big dark eyes, keeping steady eye contact, getting absorbed by the music. Why haven't I noticed her earlier on in the show? I keep her in the corner of my eye as I force myself to look away, remembering what I'm supposed to be doing. I wink at a group of girls in the front left and hear their squeals and arguments at who the wink was really for.

I wonder if I wink at *her*, would it have the same effect? I begin the last verse of the song and glance back at the beautiful dark eyed girl. She's watching me closely with a soft smile as she softly sings along to the final chorus with me. I need to talk to her, but how?

Finally I'm done and wait until Jordan's guitar solo fades out and I throw my own guitar pick out into the screaming crowd of mostly girls. As an afterthought, I reach into my pocket finding an extra pick and aim right for *her*. She catches it mid-air with a surprised grin and smiles shyly back up at me. Suddenly winking at her feels cheap so I just smile back, hoping she knows it's for her.

"Thank you guys so much for coming out tonight, it was such an amazing show..." I say the lines I've repeated so many times on so many other stages in so many other places. "Have a great night, guys! New York rocks!" I take a final sip from my water bottle and throw the remainder into the crowd as well, hoping it doesn't hit someone. I do not want a repeat of last time, although I'm sure the night was quite memorable for the girl we escorted to the ER when the bottle split her lip open.

Now as I walk off the stage, I try to think of some way to talk to the girl without rising pandemonium by walking into the crowd. From the side of the stage I look back into where she was standing and see that she's still there, maybe a few feet over. I get a twist in my gut when I notice she's also still watching me. I try to tell her to stay there with my eyes but she just smiles again with a slight blush and walks off. And just like that my dream girl is gone.