Chapter 20

Harry's POV

Zayn fell asleep crying in my arms. I texted Lou letting him know I'm looking after him and he completely understood. I feel extremely guilty. I told him that he should tell Liam how he feels and he did but now he is heartbroken. I knew that if Liam rejected him, he would be upset but I didn't know he would take it this bad. I thought that once telling him he would be able to move on but instead he keeps saying how he isn't good enough, how he means nothing to anyone. I tried to tell him that everything will work out but he kept saying I'm wrong and that he'll never be happy, at least without Liam.

I sighed and carefully unwrapped Zayn's arms from around my torso, making sure not to wake him. I looked at his features and could see stained tear marks down his face. He had bags under his eyes and you could see the redness surrounding them. All from just one night. He lay there, now cuddling a pillow, since I moved, with a small smile across his face. At least when he's sleeping he's happy. 

I walked out the room and quietly closed the door behind me. I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen, where I saw Louis sitting with a bowl of 'Special K'. I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face when I saw him. The thoughts of yesterday popped up in my mind. The kiss. He's mine. Mine. I still can't believe it.

He looked up from his breakfast and smiled. He got up and ran over, jumping on me so I was holding him while he wrapped his legs around my waist. I chuckled at him.

"I'm waiting Harold." He said impatiently.

"Waiting for what?" I asked a bit confused.

He rolled his eyes. "My good morning kiss you goof." I smirked and leaned in, pressing my lips to his. His lips were perfect. So soft and moist. They felt perfect on mine and I can't believe I can kiss him whenever I please, as long as we aren't in public. It was a slow, passionate kiss you want to me woken up to everyday of the year. We broke apart.

"Better?" I asked, smirking at him.

"Much." He smiled and jumped back down. He walked over and sat back down, continuing to eat. "How's Zayn going?" He asked thoughtfully. I sighed and sat across from him.

"Not so good. He couldn't stop crying. I think he fell asleep around 3 in the morning. I had to sing to him to get him even close to falling asleep. I feel bad for him. We get together and he builds up the courage to tell him and is left rejected with his heart broken." I explained and he nodded understandingly. Louis knows about Zayn liking Liam. I told him when he asked what I was helping him about and he knows what happened after Zayn told Liam. I texted him explaining why I wouldn't see him till the morning. I don't think Zayn cares though considering he knows that me and Lou are together now. 

"Have you spoken to Liam?" He asked. I shook my head. "Are you going to?"

"I honestly don't know if I should. What am I meant to talk to him about.? He doesn't like Zayn in that way. I can't change his opinion on that, especially since his got Danielle. And I don't think I need to tell him to make sure he doesn't do anything to mess with his feelings anymore because he should know that already and if he does than he'll be hearing from me. But Liam can't really do anything about the situation anyways. Can he?" I herd a door open and close. I turned around slightly, to see not Zayn like I was expecting but Liam. I looked back at Louis who shrugged his shoulders. He mouthed a 'I'm going to my room'. I pouted up at him as he stood up and  winked.

Liam was getting some cereal for himself, to eat with a fork. Weird boy. Louis placed his bowl and spoon in the sink. "Hi Liam, Bye Liam." He greeted. Liam gave him a smile and Louis skipped down to his room.

"Hey Li." I said as casually as I could. I don't want to talk to him but I think I should for Zayn. Just to see what Liam's going to do.

"Hey Haz." He replied just as casually as I had and sat where Louis was, across from me. He looked down at his bowl, swirling the milk around with his fork, before sighing. He looked up at me with sad eyes. "How is he?" He asked. I couldn't tell if he was actually worried or not.